gtx 560 ti / igpu help.

Johnny b

Bronze Level Poster
Hi
I have two questions the first is in my nvidia control panel i can only select 1920x180
as the max resolution when the 560 ti is supposed to display resolution up to 2560x1600
im confused i updated to the latest drivers now my resolution max is 1920x1080 @ 59 hz
it wont stay on 60 hz after the update. Only in dvi vga is 1920x180 @60 hz max, my monitor is ASUS VH242H 23.6 inches.

Second question is, when i plug in the vga or dvi cable to the mobo i get no signal my thoughts is that i need to install the igpu drivers from the mobo disk and enable the igpu in the bios is this correct? i just want the igpu in case my gpu brakes at any time any help is much appreciated thanks.

Fear

Prolific Poster
First you ned to only use the ports on the back of the GPU as the motherboard monitor ports will be disabled.

Your GPU may be capable of 2560X1600 but if your monitor will only display 1920X1080 which most monitors are now then this is all you will get, just use the DVI cable from your GPU to your monitor and you should be able to change to 60hz providing your monitor is capable.

Johnny b

Bronze Level Poster
First you ned to only use the ports on the back of the GPU as the motherboard monitor ports will be disabled.

Your GPU may be capable of 2560X1600 but if your monitor will only display 1920X1080 which most monitors are now then this is all you will get, just use the DVI cable from your GPU to your monitor and you should be able to change to 60hz providing your monitor is capable.

Okay i kinda thought that would be the case only my monitor can display resolutions higher because on my older computer the onboard graphics shows resolution higher than 1080p so i dont really know doesnt really matter because i only use the 1080p res but say i got a bigger monitor would the other resoulutions show? bit confused thanks for the reply.

Fear

Prolific Poster
I think you will find if you look in the nvidia control panel that it says only show the resolutions this monitor is capable of displaying which is why it is restricted to 1920X1080 maybe on your old system it was showing all resolutions even those that the monitor could not diplay.

Fear

Prolific Poster
In fact just a quick look on amazon and the specs for your monitor are below and 1920X1080 is the max

Technical Details

Panel Size: 23.6“ Wide Screen
True Resolution: 1920X1080
Pixel Pitch: 0.272mm
Brightness(Max): 300 cd/㎡
Contrast Ratio (Max.): 20000 :1 (ASCR)
Display Color: 16.7M
Viewing Angle (CR≧10): 170°(H)/160°(V)
Response Time: 5 ms
Stereo Speakers 2Wx2 stereo RMS
Input / Output: PC Input: DVI-D/D-Sub, PC Audio Input: 3.5mm Mini-jack, Video Input: HDMI, AV Audio Input: HDMI, Audio Output: SPDIF, Earphone jack: 3.5mm Mini-jack
Power Consumption < 55 W, Power Saving Mode < 2 W
Chassis Colours: Black
Tilt: +20°~ -5°
VESA Wall Mounting: 100x100mm
Security: Kensington lock
Phys.Dimension (WxHxD): 562mm x 416mm x 220mm, Box Dimension(WxHxD): 638mm x 171mm x 491mm
Net Weight (Esti.): 5.8kg, Gross Weight (Esti.): 8.2kg

If you buy a monitor in future with higher resolutions then it will show up with whichever it can display.

Johnny b

Bronze Level Poster
In fact just a quick look on amazon and the specs for your monitor are below and 1920X1080 is the max

Technical Details

Panel Size: 23.6“ Wide Screen
True Resolution: 1920X1080
Pixel Pitch: 0.272mm
Brightness(Max): 300 cd/㎡
Contrast Ratio (Max.): 20000 :1 (ASCR)
Display Color: 16.7M
Viewing Angle (CR≧10): 170°(H)/160°(V)
Response Time: 5 ms
Stereo Speakers 2Wx2 stereo RMS
Input / Output: PC Input: DVI-D/D-Sub, PC Audio Input: 3.5mm Mini-jack, Video Input: HDMI, AV Audio Input: HDMI, Audio Output: SPDIF, Earphone jack: 3.5mm Mini-jack
Power Consumption < 55 W, Power Saving Mode < 2 W
Chassis Colours: Black
Tilt: +20°~ -5°
VESA Wall Mounting: 100x100mm
Security: Kensington lock
Phys.Dimension (WxHxD): 562mm x 416mm x 220mm, Box Dimension(WxHxD): 638mm x 171mm x 491mm
Net Weight (Esti.): 5.8kg, Gross Weight (Esti.): 8.2kg

If you buy a monitor in future with higher resolutions then it will show up with whichever it can display.

Ok fair enough but i swear on my old pc it let me display higher than 1080p but it looked stupid some did say out of range quite strange. Are them higher resolutions for bigger monitors just wondering?

Johnny b

Bronze Level Poster
Hi
im confused i updated to the latest drivers now my resolution max is 1920x1080 @ 59 hz
it wont stay on 60 hz after the update. Only in dvi vga is 1920x180 @60 hz max, my monitor is ASUS VH242H 23.6 inches.

Second question is, when i plug in the vga or dvi cable to the mobo i get no signal my thoughts is that i need to install the igpu drivers from the mobo disk and enable the igpu in the bios is this correct? i just want the igpu in case my gpu brakes at any time any help is much appreciated thanks.

What about the update thing shall i uninstall the reinstall? so what if i want to use the igpu? cant i set it up so if i plug the dvi into the mobo i can use the igpu and if i plug into the video card i use the gpu?

Fear

Prolific Poster
No you do not need to reinstall the drivers as this is working as it should.

I think that the internal GPU is used automatically when the system does not need to be running the nvidia GPU but i am not 100% sure on this, best looking in your manual for your motherboard.