AMD HD 6900M issues - BSOD

rTesla

Hi,

it's been two days that i am fighting vs a blue screen error that appears on startup. It's apparently a famous 0x116 atikmpag.sys issue that i have found discussed in a large number of tech sites. The problem clearly points at the display driver (HD 6900 M). I have tried updating the driver, updating Catalyst several times and in several different combinations, but the only thing that works for the moment is to deactivate the display driver. This is not clearly the optimal solution, as it hugely limits performance.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions on how to proceed ? i keep digging in IT forums meanwhile...

System Manufacturer CLEVO
System Model P150HMx
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QM CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
System Type x64-based PC
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Name AMD Radeon HD 6900M Series
Driver Version 12.100.17.0

thanks !

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Have you tried a clean install of the graphics driver.
Click on Start
Open the Control Panel
Select Programs and Features
Select AMD (ATI) Catalyst Install Manager
Click on Change
Click on Next when prompted for the Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard forAMD Catalyst Install Manager,
Select Express Uninstall All Software
Follow the on-screen directions and restart the system when finished
To verify that the graphics driver has been uninstalled, return to the Uninstall or Change a Program list and ensure that there is no AMD specific software listed
If AMD specific software is still listed, remove any remaining AMDsoftware components using the above process and restart the system when complete.
Download latest driver from here.
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx