So I cleaned my computer at work today...

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Fantastic job mate, gotta ask though... where the heck do you work and what sort of grubby office have they dumped you in?!

Androcles

Rising Star
Only 6 months? That's one dusty work place you have there, my previous PC hadn't been cleaned out for three years and it wasn't as dusty as that.

robnew

Bronze Level Poster
That's similar to the old one I had, that I have been deconstructing and salvaging parts from in the attic. So much dust in it, its a wonder how they can build it up

bigben

Master Poster
Fantastic job mate, gotta ask though... where the heck do you work and what sort of grubby office have they dumped you in?!

:) Timber merchants in Bristol, big dusty yard. The office doesn't have air con so the door stays open and dust (+ sawdust) flies in.

Like a new box! Just out of curiosity, what did you use to clean it? Compressed air?

We have an industrial compressor for nail guns, just used that - took me 2 minutes :) Wouldn't go near my rig with it though...

Genuinely surprised it still worked fine with that amount of dust!

10/10 Job well done.

Haha, that's not even the worst it has been. When I first started I cleaned it out and you couldn't even see the mobo battery...

bigben

Master Poster
Haha, could do if I wanted to. Not sure many of my customers would take me very seriously though?!
It's not really that bad until the sawdust extraction fills up and we get sawdust flying everywhere - looks like it's snowing :)