How to isolate PC from all internet connections

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think someone using my computer resources ( ethernet, bluetooth, or something else ).

My computer have:
Ethernet wire unplugged,
Network adapter disabled,
Inbound-Outbound rules blocks every connection,
Router unplugged.

Is this still possible for somebody to get internet or something off my computer ( maybe ethernet lan card
still providing ethernet )?

When I ( turn off/sleep ) computer - thief changes behaviour:
getting rentless out of static position - attempts to like ( chipping/scrabing ) something,
turns down room light and goes to sleep,
goes to toilet and locks up for up to 2 hours,
and most common case - begins coughting.

I tried to use laptop, with everything ( the same ) disabled, same issue.

Tbh, I was waiting for the spam injection... sorry to op if this is legit, but not sure what you’re getting at?

If I keep PC turned on for a +1 hours - it takes longer to shutdown then usually. If I would enable eveything an attempt to use internet for games - I get lagg spikes. And it is not ISP fault.
Its all done by someone who in mysterious way consuming my computer resourses, even know when im online. Even if I unplug everything ( I have named in 1st post )- still knows.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Press Win+R, type msconfig and hit enter. Select Diagnostic startup then reboot the PC. See what your system resources are like then.

It might just be a windows update or something.

Press Win+R, type msconfig and hit enter. Select Diagnostic startup then reboot the PC. See what your system resources are like then.

It might just be a windows update or something.

I had disabled all ( left only basic's by default ), it do not changed thiev behaviour. Windows7, no more updates.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
What is the process that's using the resources then? Right click on Taskbar and select Task Manager. Filter CPU from high to low and see what's eating your resources.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Just to ask:

When I ( turn off/sleep ) computer - thief changes behaviour:
getting rentless out of static position - attempts to like ( chipping/scrabing ) something,
turns down room light and goes to sleep,
goes to toilet and locks up for up to 2 hours,
and most common case - begins coughting.
What exactly does this section mean? Is it your understanding that the person using your PC's resources then also enters your home?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I interpreted it as he believes someone accessed his PC from the internet and infected it with something that's doing something and it continues to do that thing even while removed from the network.

Could be wrong though as I'm guessing English isn't the first language.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Having read through this I think there are two issues here (and I think The_Scotster has hit the nail on the head)...

1. Whilst Internet connected the user believes he/she somehow got infected. In the OP he/she says 'Is this still possible for somebody to get internet or something off my computer ( maybe ethernet lan card still providing ethernet )?' and that's an easy one to answer. There are three ways that someone could possibly remotely access your PC; Ethernet, WiFi, Bluetooth.

If your Ethernet cable is disconnected then there can be no connection that way. If your wireless card is disabled there can be no connection via WiFi. Bluetooth is usually a feature of a wireless card and if that's disabled so is Bluetooth, but it would be worth checking that you don't have an active (and paired) Bluetooth connection. If all three of those are unplugged or disabled there is no way that someone can be remotely using your PC.

2. It is possible that your PC was infected whilst it was connected to the Internet and that whatever malware was injected is still running even though you are now disconnected. I would suggest a proper anti-malware scan of your PC.

There is a third possibility, and that is that your PC has developed some sort of fault, and there are two clues in your original post that supports this. You say that 'When I ( turn off/sleep ) computer - thief changes behaviour' - when you turn off the PC it's completely dead, so if changes have apparently happened when you next switch on that's not a thief it's a problem. You also talk about 'getting rentless out of static position - attempts to like ( chipping/scrabing ) something' and that might be the sound of a hard disk beginning to fail.

On balance I think that what you have is a faulty PC, possibly with a flaky or failing hard disk. If it were mine I'd backup all my user data and then run a 'chkdsk /r' command (without the quotes) over all partitions.

What is the process that's using the resources then? Right click on Taskbar and select Task Manager. Filter CPU from high to low and see what's eating your resources.
Not this kind of resources.
But this:
Something like 'computer identity', this way iphone user could overcome 'mobile data' limit, once consumes 5Gb internet.
Once PC is turned on, PC have lan card, so this lan card could be 'used' by that iphone user, as my desktop PC is connected to so socket, to get electric power.

Last edited:
Just to ask:

What exactly does this section mean? Is it your understanding that the person using your PC's resources then also enters your home?

That person IS in my house, but roughy 4metres distance and diffrend room.

And those ( you quoted ) is that person traits.
I can add more:
1 week ago I had used PC for few hours. That thief was silent alot.
Once I turned off PC, left room and went to bathroom - he started coughting, because he predicted that I may spend +20minutes in bathrom and thief wont get (?? internet??) for that time.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
OK I think I'm with you.

I guess you mean that he is using your internet connection for his iPhone/Tablet/Laptop etc?

Simplest way to do this would be to access your router. If you access your router settings you will be able to see what devices are connected to your network via the router. Usually the settings page is at 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. Go in there and look for something like active connections/active users/routing table, etc..... browse around and you will find a table of all connected devices on your network.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
OK I think I'm with you.

I guess you mean that he is using your internet connection for his iPhone/Tablet/Laptop etc?

Simplest way to do this would be to access your router. If you access your router settings you will be able to see what devices are connected to your network via the router. Usually the settings page is at 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. Go in there and look for something like active connections/active users/routing table, etc..... browse around and you will find a table of all connected devices on your network.

Then you can block specific devices or just change your password for the network to avoid him connecting again.

Then you can block specific devices or just change your password for the network to avoid him connecting again.

Router have password, dhcp disabled, disabled access to all wireless devices, custom IP range, and althought ROUTER IS UNPLUGGED, but this is not about router.

It is about my 'internetless PC', and I have concern that iphone user BENEFITS WHEN I TURN ON that 'internetless PC'. ( as i wrote about my 'internetless PC' - his ethernet wire unplugged, blocks all inbound-outbound connections, disabled network adapter )

Im not sure HOW iphone user benefits from it ( maybe iphone signals transmitting to motherboard for unknown intentions,
maybe iphone "borrows" ( via signals or via electric power ) LAN card to overcome mobile data limit ( i.e. wasted 1GB internet, now using other device to get more internet ),
there can be other reason, I dont know about iphones alot )

And that iphone user really uses my PC for something, perhaps it is hardware based, as I watching iphone user behaviours.
Once I tried to turn on computer for 1 minute - then turn off, turn on after 5 minutes, turn off again - and repeating for 2 hours.
During that perdiod, iphone user was keep caughting for 2 hours straight. Seems like iphone user knows when I turn on computer, because I tried this not only with PC, but also with laptop.

Last edited:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Not a lot I can do to help then unfortunately, iPhone user is clearly an evil genius.

If you have no Bluetooth, LAN, Wireless Bridge or cable connections going to your PC then there aren't a lot of potential possibilities. He may have discovered a trans-dimensional bridge between rooms, more specifically your PC and his Phone that we haven't yet figured out....... or it could be your mind playing tricks on you.

Could you provide the evidence that is making you think the iThief is on your PC?

Rakk

The Awesome
or it could be your mind playing tricks on you.
I think this is an important point :)

Once I tried to turn on computer for 1 minute - then turn off, turn on after 5 minutes, turn off again - and repeating for 2 hours.
During that period, iphone user was keep caughting for 2 hours straight. Seems like iphone user knows when I turn on computer, because I tried this not only with PC, but also with laptop.

There is no way for him to connect to your PC if all the connections are disabled, and coughing is not a sign of guilt - iPhone user may just have an annoying cough that you are only noticing when you turn your PC off.

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
I think others have nailed it. Take a step back and think about what you're asking....

Someone with an iPhone is connecting to your PC to use it's internet connection, even when said PC has no wifi, no Bluetooth and no LAN connectivity...someone is connecting to an unconnected PC to use an internet connection that isn't there....

Status
Not open for further replies.