How to isolate PC from all internet connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
ubuysa's rule #6: If the problem isn't where you're looking then it's somewhere else.

Perhaps it would be better if you stopped focusing on how your iPhone user 'friend' is accessing your PC which, as others have pointed out, is not possible with everything disconnected, and instead looked at what's actually happening on your PC....

I think others have nailed it. Take a step back and think about what you're asking....

Someone with an iPhone is connecting to your PC to use it's internet connection, even when said PC has no wifi, no Bluetooth and no LAN connectivity...someone is connecting to an unconnected PC to use an internet connection that isn't there....

I suspect iphone user connecting to PC via electric power, or computer parts spreading signals - so iphone user exploit it.
It can be used not for internet.
Perhaps iphone user using my PC RAM/Processor to play mmorpg or similar...?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I suspect iphone user connecting to PC via electric power, or computer parts spreading signals - so iphone user exploit it.

Not possible, you’re missing the fundamental principles of networking.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor

Not possible, you’re missing the fundamental principles of networking.

I completely agree. Just because Tom Cruise seems to do stuff like this in movies doesn't mean it's real.

I refer you back to my post at #21.

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
The only other possibility is that your PC is actually a decepticon. Have you noticed it transforming into an evil robot ever?

Im adding more info:
That iphone user, in the room, have access to socket - To that was sockets come wires for TV and ethernet ( ISP provides both). So that iphone user could have device like reapeater or extender or similar.
I figured out that this user have access to internet, and he may use other computers ( motherboard or other parts ) to run strong programs on iphone/tablet.

polycrac

Rising Star
If he looks a bit like this: Q-from-James-Bond.jpg, then you might be justified in worrying, otherwise I think you should be OK.

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
Im adding more info:
That iphone user, in the room, have access to socket - To that was sockets come wires for TV and ethernet ( ISP provides both). So that iphone user could have device like reapeater or extender or similar.
I figured out that this user have access to internet, and he may use other computers ( motherboard or other parts ) to run strong programs on iphone/tablet.

Ok...this is frankly nuts.

There are ways that have been shown in a lab environment to exfiltrate information from PC's without a physical connection. The three I've heard of recently are EMF - a computer next to another one was able to be programmed to determine what the one next to it was doing. Note though, that I believe that a) they had to be literally next to one another and b) because the signal was so weak the experiment had to be performed in a Faraday cage to prevent external interference.

The second was, as I recall, changes in the pitch of the fans. But again they equipment had to be up close and personal and the accuracy wasn't great

The third was how the HDD LED blinked could be manipulated to encode what the CPU was doing but this one could only transmit at something like <100 baud.

Again noting that all of these were performed in near-perfect environments in a lab and in the real world are less than practical.

What you appear to be talking about here is either that your room mate has connected their iPhone to the power socket, and from there they have created/got hold of an application that allows them to compromise your PC over the mains to utilise the extra processing power of your PC.

As well as use its non-connected internet.

Now as others have gone to great pains to explain what you are talking about is so highly unlikely as to be near impossible. Think about it - even if they'd managed to connect their iPhone to some kind off ethernet over power device, that would still require a network connection to be physically present.

And on top of that, they would need to have had enough access to your PC to install software.

Also as repeatedly pointed out, it would be far more likely that they've hijacked your router to get access to the WiFi.

I hate to say it but you are displaying worrying levels of paranoia or excellent levels of trolling and right now, I'm struggling to decide which.

It is very possible that all they did, from what you describe, is plugged their own ethernet cable in and possibly even their own wifi router.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I’m sorry everyone but as this thread is going nowhere, I’m going to close it.

To the OP, the only way someone could hijack your internet is hack the Wi-Fi, run an Ethernet from the router, or break into the physical line and take a split off that. There are no magical ways to hack internet in the ways your describing.

Material isolating all kind of signals

Is there any guide or tips to isolate laptop from all kind of connections?
In example: using materials such as wood or steel to prevent any kind of signal to reach in-/-out of laptop?

Rakk

The Awesome
As already said in your other thread if you do not have wifi, blootooth turned on, or an internet connection, no-one can access your PC unless they are sat right in front if it using its mouse and keyboard.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Faraday cage.

In all seriousness though, if you go onto an IT forum populated primarily by people who are experts in a wide range of fields relating to computers, and they all tell you that you're misreading the situation, why do you believe they are wrong? And more importantly, what is it going to take to persuade you that this isn't really happening?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I've merged your new thread with your old one and left the thread closed.

As everyone here has explained to you already you are barking up the wrong tree. You would be much better off looking at what's wrong with your own laptop rather than chasing a fantasy.

Please do not start another similar thread, it will be deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.