£1500 budget

D

Deleted member 17413

They have a set spinning speed.
Personally I wouldnt with the RAM, you are already over budget/using your buffer and it doesnt gain you any performance.

If you were going to add another £13, i'd let that be part of the extra cost for a 3060Ti

Sanjeet

Bronze Level Poster
They have a set spinning speed.
Personally I wouldnt with the RAM, you are already over budget/using your buffer and it doesnt gain you any performance.

If you were going to add another £13, i'd let that be part of the extra cost for a 3060Ti
Ahh ok and I’m guessing if they’re not static they change according to load?

Ok gotcha, and this might be a really silly question, but with all the rgb like the case and cooler, do the colours all match and change in sync?

D

Deleted member 17413

You will be able to get them to match up yes.
Depending on exactly whats used there can be different software running various parts, or it can be fully intergrated.

With yours I would think it'll be something like Aura Sync and run through the motherboard... havent looked if theres a specific fan lighting controlller with the two different cases youve mentioned

Sanjeet

Bronze Level Poster
The 6700XT is a far better choice than a 3060 ti, unless raytracing is a must for you.
Ray tracing is nice to have if I do decide to play anything with it. I’ve thought long and hard about which one to choose and finally came to a decision 😂😂

D

Deleted member 17413

You can add extra fans, and contact PCS if you have a specific layout you want, so you could order one and ask then to replace/put in the rear.
All depends on what case you went with to know if you would need an extra fan, or worth replacing the one thats there with one from PCS or buying separately to get a high quality one... lots of ways to do it.

Sanjeet

Bronze Level Poster
What case have you actually settled on?
So I had a Google image search of the cooler master one you recommended and it’s not really my cup of tea 😂 looking to stick with the lian li. How much would an extra one fan cost cos I don’t see the option? Wanna see if it’s worth then extra moolah lol

D

Deleted member 17413

The lian li 215?
The front two fans are static, not sure on what the noise is going to be like with them but people have made positive comments about reviews on it, its budget but its a good budget one going on whats been said.

It already has two front and one rear fan, and if taking one of the liquid cooling options, the radiator and fans from that will end up in roof.
I dont think you would actually need extra fans.
You might consider a 3 fan and controller and replace the fans in it though... can either do that yourself or through PCS (you would have to contact them and get them to put a amendment and build note on it for you as the configurator will try to add to existing so will say it wont fit. I would also take teh corsair LL or coolermaster sickleflow one too... so better quality fans and gives you a controller with it (so looking at about £50)

Sanjeet

Bronze Level Poster
The lian li 215?
The front two fans are static, not sure on what the noise is going to be like with them but people have made positive comments about reviews on it, its budget but its a good budget one going on whats been said.

It already has two front and one rear fan, and if taking one of the liquid cooling options, the radiator and fans from that will end up in roof.
I dont think you would actually need extra fans.
You might consider a 3 fan and controller and replace the fans in it though... can either do that yourself or through PCS (you would have to contact them and get them to put a amendment and build note on it for you as the configurator will try to add to existing so will say it wont fit. I would also take teh corsair LL or coolermaster sickleflow one too... so better quality fans and gives you a controller with it (so looking at about £50)
Yeah the lian li 215, I’ve checked some reviews and they are quite positive for the price

So the plan was to literally swap out the rear fan for an rgb one, would it be easier to just do that myself do you think? Does the 3 fan you’ve mentioned replace the 2 front ones and the rear one?

D

Deleted member 17413

It would be to replace all existing, yes.

Out of the three fans in it already, the rear appears to be the best (1100rpm) Front two are 800rpm. Front two I remember being told were static, not sure on the rear fan but I would assume the same. The 3 LL120's would do a much better job, give fan speed control and a controller to route it through

If just replacing the rear fan, I would just buy a single fan and replace myself, all three and do it as part of the build.
That keeps it all very simple too that way.

D

Deleted member 17413

Looking at it more...
The rear fan is the weakest, the oversized front fans actually seem to have a respectable airflow and its the rear thats the weakest.
To just improve the airflow then the rear one alone would probably benefit most.
You could buy a single LL120 or ML120 and put that in its place.

Replacing all, the fans PCS sell are all 120, so you might get the best look/results with 4 (3 front, one rear) and then the cooler radiator and fans would go in the roof. But thats adding even more to the price, When you can just upgrade the case for less than that would cost combined... (Roughly £110 to £115)
o6hn37T.png

Sanjeet

Bronze Level Poster
Looking at it more...
The rear fan is the weakest, the oversized front fans actually seem to have a respectable airflow and its the rear thats the weakest.
To just improve the airflow then the rear one alone would probably benefit most.
You could buy a single LL120 or ML120 and put that in its place.

Replacing all, the fans PCS sell are all 120, so you might get the best look/results with 4 (3 front, one rear) and then the cooler radiator and fans would go in the roof. But thats adding even more to the price, When you can just upgrade the case for less than that would cost combined... (Roughly £110 to £115)
o6hn37T.png
Yeah exactly I don’t think it’s worth going to all the trouble of changing the fans when the amount I’m gonna spend I could just upgrade the gpu.

I’ve had a look at the Corsair LL fans and damn they do look good though. Say I was to get these, would there be a cheaper case I could go for to make up for the extra price of the fans? It’s not a must but I’m just wondering

Also I realised I originally chose the pcs frostflow 240 rgb cooler as it does have rgb, but didn’t include this in the build. Would the rgb on that be able to sync with the front fans as well, cos the cooler is rgb and the case fans are argb? Not sure on the difference really

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
The iCue has the lighting node for controlling RGB. If you got the 5000X it would have all the components in place for you to add fans as you wish. It can then all be controlled via iCue. It's a neater solution IMO and when you consider the extra you would pay for fans & controllers anyway, a worthwhile investment.

Sanjeet

Bronze Level Poster
The iCue has the lighting node for controlling RGB. If you got the 5000X it would have all the components in place for you to add fans as you wish. It can then all be controlled via iCue. It's a neater solution IMO and when you consider the extra you would pay for fans & controllers anyway, a worthwhile investment.
I really do like that case but I’m just thinking that’s money I could spend on a 3070 instead. I’m trying to find the cheapest way to get it looking how I’m imagining, but if it works out to be too much I don’t mind leaving it out really

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I really do like that case but I’m just thinking that’s money I could spend on a 3070 instead. I’m trying to find the cheapest way to get it looking how I’m imagining, but if it works out to be too much I don’t mind leaving it out really
If you sacrifice the rest of the build to fit high end parts you’ll have an imbalanced system with poor cooling which means higher instability and worse upgradeability.

The case is really important to the build, it’s not something you should go budget on.

Ash_

Master Poster
If you want a budget case and change the fans... 4000D airflow is a great choice, but the price of the extra fans would bring it to 5000X price anyway. PCS sell the 5000 series cases at a massive discount, same for the 215, where as the 4000D they sell at roughly retail.