šŸ˜Ÿ š‡šžš„š© | Gaming&Streaming Laptop <----- 1080p 60fps

Will you help me

• Yes, of course šŸ‘ŠšŸ˜Ž

• No, bye

• Maybe šŸ¤Ŗ

Results are only viewable after voting.

fraiva

Hello guys, I am posting in the Laptops/Notebook section because I would like to ask what Laptop do you recommend me (with a x>3kg of Weight) for gaming and streaming at 1080p 60fps.

I have a Nova 15" at the moment:

Showing Order Reference 1847210
Chassis & DisplayNova Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD 144Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Eight Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.4GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 16GB)
Graphics CardNVIDIAĀ® GeForceĀ® RTX 2070 - 8.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectXĀ® 12.1
1st Storage DriveNOT REQUIRED
1st M.2 SSD Drive256GB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (1900 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
Memory Card ReaderIntegrated Micro-SD Memory Card Reader
AC Adaptor1 x 230W AC Adaptor
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
BatteryNova Series Detachable 4 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card2 Channel High Def. Audio + SoundBlasterā„¢ Cinema
Bluetooth & WirelessGIGABIT LAN & KILLERā„¢ Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 M.2 GAMING + BLUETOOTH 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options1 x USB 3.2 PORT (Type C) + 2 x USB 3.2 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Keyboard Language15" NOVA SERIES UK KEYBOARD
Operating SystemWindows 10 Professional 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaWindows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office SoftwareFREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365Ā® (Operating System Required)
Anti-VirusNO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
BrowserGoogle Chromeā„¢
Notebook MouseINTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
WebcamINTEGRATED 1MP HD WEBCAM
Warranty3 Year Gold Warranty (2 Year Collect & Return, 2 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Home InstallationNONE

Detailed Specification
Dimensions & Weight
Dimensions (w x d x h)361mm x 258mm x 32.5mm
Weight2.7 kg
ColourGrey/Black
Chipset
Processor SupportAMD Ryzenā„¢
Memory
Memory TypeSupports DDR4 2666MHz
Number of Modules2 x Modules
Maximum Supported Memory64GB
Hard Drive Capacity
Hard Drive Type1 x 7mm, 2.5" S-ATA HDD support
M.2 Port2 x M.2 2280 SSD Ports, 1 x WLAN M.2 2230
Display & Graphics
GraphicsChoice of graphics cards - refer to configurator.
Screen Size15.6 inch Widescreen
Native/Maximum Resolution1920 x 1080
Refresh Rate144 Hz
NTSC72%
Audio
ChipsetHigh Definition Audio + SOUND BLASTERā„¢ cinema 6
Channels2 channel HD Audio
Connections1 x 2-in-1 Audio Jack, 1 x Microphone Jack
SpeakersBuilt in two speakers
Integrated MicrophoneYes, Array Microphone
Communications
Wireless SupportWireless LAN 802.11ax/ac/b/g/n (M.2 Interface)
Bluetooth SupportBluetooth V5.0 module support
Keyboard & Mouse
KeysMulti colour backlit isolated keyboard
Language SupportMulti-Language support
Pointing Device | Touchpad MouseBuilt in Multi GestureTouch pad
Backlit KeyboardYes
Memory Card Reader
Memory Card Reader1 x Micro SD Card Slot
Ports
LAN1 x RJ-45 jack
USB1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Port (Type C), 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Ports, 1 x USB 2.0 Port
Display1 x HDMI, 1 x Mini DP, 1 x DP via USB-C
Microphone-IN1
Headphone-OUT1 x 2 in 1 Combi Jack (Microphone jack will be disabled when in use)
DC-in1
Battery & Power Lead
Battery Capacity4 cell Smart Lithium-Ion battery pack, 62WH
Typical Battery LifeUp to 2 Hours
Battery TypeDetachable
Power Lead & AC Adpater1 x Power Lead included with AC Adapter
Security
Fingerprint ScannerYes
Kensington LockYes

I would like to upgrade my Laptop for Gaming and Streaming, because when I am playing and streaming Warzone at 1080p 60fps
- the "Dedicated GPU Memory usage" reaches almost 8GB
- the RAM reaches 70% and sometimes 85%
- heat of 70 degrees after 6 hours of uptime
There is no problem with the quality of the stream because it works very well (9k streaming bitrate) with this settings
and I have no problem with the budget limit.

But

I prefer light weight laptops and It is easy to predict that the new video games will use more GB in the Dedicated GPU Memory, and it is easy to know that RTX 3080 is the next step. However, I see that this RTX 3080 has no transparency on its specification details (TDP / TGP), and also I have read some topics on the forum about the top 15" and 17" are TongFang Models, which you have said they have many hardware & software issues.

Therefore

I ask for your advice and thank your for time. and sorry with my grammar in advance.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hello guys, I am posting in the Laptops/Notebook section because I would like to ask what Laptop do you recommend me (with a x>3kg of Weight) for gaming and streaming at 1080p 60fps.

I have a Nova 15" at the moment:

I would like to upgrade my Laptop for Gaming and Streaming, because when I am playing and streaming Warzone at 1080p 60fps
- the "Dedicated GPU Memory usage" reaches almost 8GB
- the RAM reaches 70% and sometimes 85%
- heat of 70 degrees after 6 hours of uptime
There is no problem with the quality of the stream because it works very well (9k streaming bitrate) with this settings
and I have no problem with the budget limit.

But

I prefer light weight laptops and It is easy to predict that the new video games will use more GB in the Dedicated GPU Memory, and it is easy to know that RTX 3080 is the next step. However, I see that this RTX 3080 has no transparency on its specification details (TDP / TGP), and also I have read some topics on the forum about the top 15" and 17" are TongFang Models, which you have said they have many hardware & software issues.

Therefore

I ask for your advice and thank your for time. and sorry with my grammar in advance.
You donā€™t need a new laptop, you just need to troubleshoot your current one. Thereā€™s nothing wrong with it, itā€™s more than powerful enough for your uses.

You just need to learn how to configure OBS or whatever you use for streaming.

fraiva

You donā€™t need a new laptop, you just need to troubleshoot your current one. Thereā€™s nothing wrong with it, itā€™s more than powerful enough for your uses.

You just need to learn how to configure OBS or whatever you use for streaming.
Thank you bro and with all your respect and just to clarify, I still using obs from 2012 xD There is no issues with the streaming. My point of this topic is ask for advice to buy a new laptop because I will sell the Nova laptop soon. And Nvidia and TongFang models topics on this forums confuses me.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thank you bro and with all your respect and just to clarify, I still using obs from 2012 xD There is no issues with the streaming. My point of this topic is ask for advice to buy a new laptop because I will sell the Nova laptop soon. And Nvidia and TongFang models topics on this forums confuses me.
What Iā€™m advising is that you donā€™t need a new laptop, itā€™s a waste of money and wonā€™t perform any better.

You just need to properly configure the laptop you have. It will perfectly handle streaming and COD at well over 60fps, but you have to configure it correctly.

Bhuna50

Author Level
The laptop you have is a desktop replacement laptop so it has a full powered desktop CPU - the AMD Ryzen.

The only DTR equivalents at the moment is the Recoil I believe and this is currently only offering an Intel CPU in the 17" version but does have the AMD Ryzen 9 CPU in the 15.6" - however you are looking at Ā£2k+ for this and as @SpyderTracks said, its not worth spending that much for small increase in performance on what you have got especially with price volatility at the moment due to component shortages.

rarghrhead

Your machine is barely a year old looking at those specs. And those 'issues' don't seem like issues at all. Maybe someone with more knowledge of the chassis can chime in about a possible graphics card replacement to a 2080? or a new gen 3000s possibly but only for marginal gains.

Of course if you have money to burn you can configure an overkill ultimate desktop gaming machine for Ā£16k.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Your machine is barely a year old looking at those specs. And those 'issues' don't seem like issues at all. Maybe someone with more knowledge of the chassis can chime in about a possible graphics card replacement to a 2080? or a new gen 3000s possibly but only for marginal gains.

Of course if you have money to burn you can configure an overkill ultimate desktop gaming machine for Ā£16k.
Not sure about the actual DTR laptop machines, but most laptops GPUs are soldered on so not upgradeable.

rarghrhead

Not sure about the actual DTR laptop machines, but most laptops GPUs are soldered on so not upgradeable.
I'd assume it's possible but only OP can confirm by opening up the machine. I replaced a graphics card on my old clevo p150hm a few years ago. But I agree with you on modern laptops I'm not a fan of the soldering parts trend that can render an entire system useless if the soldered parts fails and can't be serviced/replaced.

Edit: The graphics card is probably soldered on after all.

FerrariVie

Super Star
I bet you won't get any lower than 75Ā° with a 30XX GPU after 6 hours, probably a lot closer to 80Ā° (or even above that) than what you might think. So you're complaining about 70Ā°? That is an amazing temperature for a laptop and the reason why it is that cool is because it is thick. If you go to a thin laptop with a 3080 inside it, be prepared to get 85Ā° temperatures easily.

Getting to 85% RAM is not a problem at all. It would be if it would be reaching 95%+. But if you're not happy with looking at the 8X% numbers, then you can just go and upgrade to 64Gb, as your current laptop supports it.

Your 2070 has 8Gb of VRAM, which already is quite overkill. If you want something better than that, then only a 3080 could be an option for you, but I don't think that would make much of a difference? If you're saying that the streaming quality is good, why spending money just for the sake of it?