1 Year later new order - Laptop

petrow

Gold Level Poster
I bought my gaming rig just over a year ago and it is still going strong playing all games I have on the highest settings. I now have a need for a laptop and there was no other place to go than back to PCS. I have a post in the Laptop section but since making that order I have cancelled it and changed a few things. I originally ordered the 15.6" screen but figured for a price difference of £2, I'll change it to the 17.3" screen.

I did try to work a spec out with the Skyfire II but couldn't justify the extra £100 or so, I really wanted a back-lit keyboard but the Vortex III is well out of my price range.

Now for the waiting game :(

Chassis & Display
Optimus Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080) (£79)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-3610QM (2.30GHz) 6MB
Memory (RAM)
8GB SAMSUNG 1333MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M - 1.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
500GB SEAGATE MOMENTUS XT HYBRID, SATA 3 Gb/s, (7200rpm)**SPECIAL**
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
SONY BC-5550H 4x BLURAY COMBO DRIVE & CYBERLINK SOFTWARE (£59)
Memory Card Reader
Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)
Sound Card
Intel 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
Network Facilities
GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® ADVANCED-N 6235 (300Mbps) + BLUETOOTH
USB Options
2 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS AS STANDARD
Battery
Optimus/Voyager Series 6 Cell Lithium-ION Battery (48.84WH)
Power Lead & Adaptor
1 x UK Power Lead & 120W AC Adaptor
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence
Office Software
FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)
Keyboard & Mouse
INTEGRATED UK KEYBOARD WITH NUMBER PAD
Mouse
INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
Webcam
INTEGRATED 2.0 MEGAPIXEL WEBCAM
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 6 to 8 working days

petrow

Gold Level Poster
Ah I saw your picture & review on the main website, it is listed under the 15.6" version reviews. I was going to look up your thread but you saved me time. Cheers.

petrow

Gold Level Poster
After only 4 working days my laptop is shown awaiting dispatch. If it is sent tonight it worked out perfectly as I'm off for two days. I must say I'm very impressive with PCS, their lead times show about 50% of machines get sent out this quick and I'm lucky to be one of them *touch wood*.

Watch this space!

Last edited:

petrow

Gold Level Poster
Came up awaiting dispatch yesterday, wasn't sent out today either which is a shame as I'm not home during the day from Thursday for 6 days due to work. *sigh*

Anyone have an idea why it may be delayed so much in dispatch? Got an email Monday at 0945 saying it was ready to be sent so I somewhat expected it to go out Monday evening. When it didn't I though nothing of it and expected it to go out today.

Last edited:

HelBic

Bronze Level Poster
Mine was showing as ready to dispatch on Monday also. Still waiting for it to show as dispatched.... just have no clue as to why the delay.

petrow

Gold Level Poster
I can only imagine they had to many to pack and send. Shame really as it eats at their lead times which up to then mine was around 3-4 days.