10 days with 14" Fusion IV

DaveT

My 3rd PCS laptop in 5 years. The first is used by my wife and runs well with Win 8.1. The second has a screen problem hence the recent purchase.

Overall the Fusion is a very nice machine. The screen is bright with a wide viewing angle and has ample USP ports plus HDMI and LAN. Mine includes 2 x 512GB SSD's and 16GB RAM. It was purchased without an operating system but a spare Windows 10 installed easily. It also runs Linux Mint 20 plus Windows 7 and XP via Oracle VirtualBox under Linux Mint or Win 10. See screenshots.
Win 7 on Linux Mint.jpg
Win XP under Win 10.jpg

No specific documentation was supplied - only a generic booklet covering different computer types but I am technically OK so no problem. but some might struggle a bit.

My biggest gripe is the lack of indicators. There are only 'On' and 'Charging' but these are weedy - lean back and they disappear because they are small and indented. I really miss 'Disk Activity' and 'Caps Lock'. And the backlight for the keyboard is too dim.

In use the machine is fairly quick, even on large Excel spreadsheets which my previous machine struggled to load. As a portable it is excellent with 5 hours battery life.

Would I recommend it? Not wholeheartedly so give it 3.5 out ot of 6