1070 card sudden failure

The Dood

Hi guys, hoping for some advice - bought a PCS desktop in August and love it, cracking machine.

Was in the middle of playing Dragon Age the other night when whole thing crashed (BSOD - video scheduler internal error), since then my display is picking up a 640x480 signal from the card but with a blank screen entirely. I've managed to boot up as normal using the motherboard VGA and the device manager shows a code43 on the GTX1070. Tried updating drivers via Geforce Experience but still nothing on reboot.

A bit of searching seems to indicate that this is a known issue when upgrading to win10 and updating the card drivers but as far as I know my system was win10 from the start and I've had no issues whatsoever up to this point. I haven't gone through the DDU uninstall/reinstall process yet as popular opinion seems to be that it's mostly futile and that I'm stuck until a better driver is released - just looking to see if anyone has had any similar problems and if there's a better fix than just "wait for new drivers".

Thanks in advance :)

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Umm.. I'd suggest using DDU and installing the latest drivers (released yesterday) tbh. I'm not aware of any major issue that means the latest drivers have killed the GTX 1070 for everyone...