14" LAFITÉ PRO II is good?

Hi. Has anyone bought the new Lafité Pro II yet?
I'm interested in it for the specs and small but I have some concerns.
What's the battery life like? 49wh seems a bit tiny for a 1650ti, i7-1165G7, and 120hz display.
I'm a bit wary of the mystery 120hz display on a laptop, is it any good?
Does it run really hot or is the cooling adequate?
How are the touchpad and keyboard?

thanksyoufortoreadingmypost

FerrariVie

Super Star
Hi. Has anyone bought the new Lafité Pro II yet?
I'm interested in it for the specs and small but I have some concerns.
What's the battery life like? 49wh seems a bit tiny for a 1650ti, i7-1165G7, and 120hz display.
I'm a bit wary of the mystery 120hz display on a laptop, is it any good?
Does it run really hot or is the cooling adequate?
How are the touchpad and keyboard?

thanksyoufortoreadingmypost
Unfortunately, I know nothing about the Lafité, but I share some thoughts on the high refresh rate screens.

I came from an old Dell 60Hz and my new PCS Nova has 144Hz. I was expecting a huge difference (as you're probably are), but I can't say that I noticed much of an improvement, to be honest. Like the games are a lot faster, but I can't tell if the difference is due to the higher performance hardware (CPU+GPU) or due to the high-refresh screen. But I'm very happy with my Nova screen nevertheless, as I have very minimal backlight bleed (my Dell had a lot), almost no ghosting and the colours look great.

Maybe my expectations on the refresh rate were too high? Or maybe I'm not too sensitive to refresh rates? Not sure.

I recently tested a cheap (£90) 21.5" Philips external monitor with 75Hz for a couple of days and what bothered me most about the monitor is that it has a lot of ghosting, noticeable not just in games, but also while browsing. I noticed that straight away, especially when browsing sites that had dark mode (like youtube) or darker background. I also noticed that the overall quality of the screen on the Nova is better, as the Philips monitor does not have a great angle of view and you can notice some "shadows" on the left and right borders. Apart from those 2 issues, I can't notice any difference between them regarding the refresh rate.