1440p Monitor suggestion

JakeGun

Watched the "Monitors Unboxed" youtube vid and was hoping someone could advise on a 1440p monitor. Currently have gtx 1660 GPU , will be happy with 60fps. ( but will be upgrading to RTX3060 TI soon )

The only value option at moment from their youtube video seems to be X27q, but I dont like the way they poopoo it in video, the LG 27GP850 seems to either be sold out or overpriced, and at £500 the MSI MAG274QRF-QD also seems overpriced.

Gigabyte M27Q-P cannot be found anywhere.

I can spend up to £400 but I want to get proper bang for buck, ( could swear MSI MAG274QRF-QD was £400 few days ago )

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Watched the "Monitors Unboxed" youtube vid and was hoping someone could advise on a 1440p monitor. Currently have gtx 1660 GPU , will be happy with 60fps. ( but will be upgrading to RTX3060 TI soon )

The only value option at moment from their youtube video seems to be X27q, but I dont like the way they poopoo it in video, the LG 27GP850 seems to either be sold out or overpriced, and at £500 the MSI MAG274QRF-QD also seems overpriced.

Gigabyte M27Q-P cannot be found anywhere.

I can spend up to £400 but I want to get proper bang for buck, ( could swear MSI MAG274QRF-QD was £400 few days ago )
Unfortunately you've missed the black friday, cyber monday sales which were up to monday this week, that's where you get heavy discounts.

Unfortunately it seldom aligns with payday which sucks at the best of times.

With regard to the MSI though, if you're willing, ex display options are generally a very good option if from a reputable store.

There's this option from eBuyer, it's £394

The other one worth mention is the LG 27GN850-B which is basically the same monitor as the GP but with slightly lower refresh (really not gonna make a difference) and no USB Hub

For comparison, the GP is definitely a better monitor (and newer) but it's really an iterative update rather than a whole new design, so it's small margins.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Another option is to wait for January sales, but worth adding they didn't really do any last year, but I'm not sure if that was connected to Lockdown 0.5, as a lot of people were still hesitant to go out at that stage, perhaps they couldn't justify the lower costs.

philmo

I just posted this in another post "
For 1440p gaming I just brought an LG 27GP850-B, my monitor is quite close (77cm to be precise) so I thought the 32" would be too close.
I however did order a 32GP850 too to try out. Both are great - but for me the 32" being that close was too big.
Pairing it with an old machine for now, just ordered an RTX4070TI / i7-13700F build. So will be fun, looks like I'll send the 32" back.

My current GPU is a 1660S (CPU is older) - both look great, but 32" is too big so close.

Both brought elsewhere