15.6 Elimina Overheating, Help Required

Slyrox

Hello! Sorry to bother you all but I am unsure about how to fix this issue as my brother recently brought a new laptop (15.6 Elimina) that arrived yesterday, however it seams to overheat (80°C - 90°C+) on almost any game that it runs unless it is on low settings or capping the fps to 30 or in some cases both. And this issue still occurs on low intensity games. The laptop itself was only turned on yesterday so I know that the thermal paste doesn't need replacing or that the fans need cleaning, but I just don't know what to do to improve the thermals.

Thanks in advance

I'm not entirely sure at the laptop specs as I didn't buy the laptop but I do know that it is running:

• Intel® Core™ i7 8-Core Processor 11800H
  • Nvidia 6GB GeForce RTX 3060
  • 16GB CORSAIR 2666MHZ DDR4
  • 1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD
  • ARCTIC MX-4 Thermal paste

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hello! Sorry to bother you all but I am unsure about how to fix this issue as my brother recently brought a new laptop (15.6 Elimina) that arrived yesterday, however it seams to overheat (80°C - 90°C+) on almost any game that it runs unless it is on low settings or capping the fps to 30 or in some cases both. And this issue still occurs on low intensity games. The laptop itself was only turned on yesterday so I know that the thermal paste doesn't need replacing or that the fans need cleaning, but I just don't know what to do to improve the thermals.

Thanks in advance

I'm not entirely sure at the laptop specs as I didn't buy the laptop but I do know that it is running:

• Intel® Core™ i7 8-Core Processor 11800H
  • Nvidia 6GB GeForce RTX 3060
  • 16GB CORSAIR 2666MHZ DDR4
  • 1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD
  • ARCTIC MX-4 Thermal paste

80 or 90c is normal temps for intel. Anything under 95 is perfectly respectable, with 100c being throttling.

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
This is perfectly normal, modern laptops are designed to run up to 95°C in high-level usage or gaming.

Can you confirm what speed the CPU is running at when it gets to these temps? IF the speed is too low at these temps there could be an issue.

Does using the fan boost button improve this at all?