15.6" Optimus Pro ( same applies for the 17" models as well )

Xcepter

Hi Guys,

I would like to find out are these laptops different or the same ? ( They look like the same from every aspects )

However competitors have a boosted rtx 2060 that PCS does not mention in their desctiption ( nor the power limit for the CPU and the GPU )

Both websites says their laptops has :
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Refresh | 6 GB GDDR6 | up to 110 watts
And both can be configured with 3200mhz DDR4 memory modules ( the new Jedec standard so they run native 3200Mhz without any XMP profile )

The Competitors have 3200mhz Jedec native DDR4 laptop rams... PCS offers the Optimus Pro with only 2666mhz rams, this manifests 5 to 10% performance loss in games check the video ( everybody knows ryzen loves faster ram modules and honours it with extra performance):

So if anybody or PCS could confirm the 15.6" Optimus Pro spec please would be really nice. ( And the same applies for the bigger 17.3 Optimus Pro XI as well)

details in summary I would like to find out :

CPU power design ( it should have office/performance/turbo mode like 25/45/65W )
GPU power design, is it the 2060 " Refresh " model as XMG and Eluktronics
DDR4 3200mhz native memory support like XMG and Eluktronics
Why does the 15.6" Optimus Pro come with 120hz screen but the XMG and Eluktronics have 144hz ?

It would be really handy to know because if PCS differs from the other two it is a significant performance loss and it would be more reasonable to buy elsewhere instead of PCS )

if these are the same models could PCS start offering these laptops with the 3200MHZ jedec standard DDR4 ramsticks ?

The Crucial 8GB ddr4 3200mhz CL22 module sells around 35£ at many pc parts shop.

Peace

Last edited by a moderator:

as678

I bought 3200mhz of memory

Attachments

• wx_camera_1592994521696.jpg
    wx_camera_1592994521696.jpg
    864.1 KB · Views: 255

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The 'boosted' RTX2060 is called the 2060 Refresh, and any new laptop will have that model, it's replace the 2060 normal card.

Xcepter

@as678
CL22 may be slow in fact
there are faster Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz CL16 on am...
the ballistix uses XMP profile that messes everything up because in the bios you can't enable it ...

Only works with native jedec 3200mhz speed

"

Redefine Game Performance

XMP 2.0 support and pre-defined profiles let you overclock2 to extract maximum performance.
"

It will work only on 2666mhz probably or even worse if the Jedec standard is 2133mhz ....

bluiska

Can we boost this thread??? This is the most bloody annoying thing about PCS at the moment. All these other resellers sell an awesome config I'd buy right now but I have sit refreshing the page to see if they'll add 3200Mhz memory, a better screen with 72% NTSC and 144hz and a bigger battery. The 17" one has better screen but not bigger battery or 3200Mhz RAM.

Xcepter

Can we boost this thread??? This is the most bloody annoying thing about PCS at the moment. All these other resellers sell an awesome config I'd buy right now but I have sit refreshing the page to see if they'll add 3200Mhz memory, a better screen with 72% NTSC and 144hz and a bigger battery (just like XMG and Eluktronics). The 17" one has better screen but not bigger battery or 3200Mhz RAM.
I bought this week the 15.6 nova and I want to buy two 17 optimus pro as well....

I bought the nova only with the cheapest 4gig stick and ordered 16gig 3200mhz crucial native ddr4 and a proper NVME SSD as well from a pc part shop....

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Can we boost this thread??? This is the most bloody annoying thing about PCS at the moment. All these other resellers sell an awesome config I'd buy right now but I have sit refreshing the page to see if they'll add 3200Mhz memory, a better screen with 72% NTSC and 144hz and a bigger battery (just like XMG and Eluktronics). The 17" one has better screen but not bigger battery or 3200Mhz RAM.
You’re welcome to speak to PCS yourself, they don’t monitor the forums and none of us work for them.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well it is a very bad buisness behavior to ignore their DEDICATED FORUM ! This forum is on PCS website, it is not reddit

So I would say PCS should monitor and learn from the content that is on their OWN DEDICATED FORUM !

If this place would be reddit well yeah I could accept PCS is not interested but it is like you have a car dealership with a customer feedback wall and you never ever take a look on it ....
You will find most dedicated tech forums are not company moderated. It's kind of standard. It's not a customer service forum at all, that's not what it's for, it's for sales advice and tech support. For anything customer services related, you need to speak with them directly.

We are here to help out as much as possible to help alleviate the pressure on PCS and let them get on with building peoples systems, anything we can’t help with, then we point them to PCS.

Last edited:

AX10

Well it is a very bad buisness behavior to ignore their DEDICATED FORUM ! This forum is on PCS website, it is not reddit.

So I would say PCS should monitor and learn from the content that is on their OWN DEDICATED FORUM !

If this place would be reddit well yeah I could accept PCS is not interested but it is like you have a car dealership with a customer feedback wall and you never ever take a look on it ....

Stop acting so entitled.

Drop them an email and they'll respond to you very quickly. Or you can even give them a call for a quicker answer.

cjohob

The line from PCS regarding the RAM speed (said to me in email) is: "We test different RAM configurations in house, and only offer what we've found to be stable". I assume that means they won't be offering 3200 anytime soon.

There are several reasons why the higher RAM speed might not translate into the same faster framerates they show in that video: they seem to be testing with a desktop CPU; it's a 3000 series; they're using an RTX2080, whereas all AMD laptops are only going to be available with up to a 2060 for the foreseeable future; RAM and/or processor are less likely to bottleneck a system that has "only" a 2060.

But, if you don't like what the company sells them you're free to go somewhere else, or install your own memory!