15,6" recoil ii rtx 2060

Eyek

Recently got my laptop back from PCS due to RMA for overheating CPU.

They seem to have fixed the issue mostly but now I am faced with something else.

The light bar strip that is constantly moving and changing "breathing". Well I am unable to turn it off using the control center. I can turn the back light off for the keyboard no problem but the light bar does not respond to anything.

Any ideas would be great. Also is it possible to physically disconnect the damn thing if I open the laptop up in case I am unable to take the software route?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I would download the latest version of Control Center and then uninstall the existing version and install the latest - and I'd do that even if the latest version was already installed.

Eyek

I would download the latest version of Control Center and then uninstall the existing version and install the latest - and I'd do that even if the latest version was already installed.

Ok so I did all of this. And still the light strip has a life of its own. Just changing colours and non of the control centers that I have downloaded even the latest one will interact with it.

Any idea if there is a simple wire inside the laptop I can just unplug? Location of it?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Ok so I did all of this. And still the light strip has a life of its own. Just changing colours and non of the control centers that I have downloaded even the latest one will interact with it.

Any idea if there is a simple wire inside the laptop I can just unplug? Location of it?

In that case, and since it's just come back from an RMA, I would phone PCS and seek their help and advice.