15.6" Vortex II 15 SSD question + Vortex II or Alienware M17X R3

InfernalBadger

Bronze Level Poster
I went for a Vortex II rather than an alienware because you get much better spec for your money from PCS and the alienware looks like a toy!

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to our forums :)

The Corsair SSD will work in this laptop. However, the reliability of the Force 3 in the past has been questionable (the drive randomnly disappears) so check that you have the newer model.

lclosier

Hi there thanks for the reply, yeah its the latest model and have been told it was produced after the originals were recalled.

In checkout i want to have the 2nd HDD blank so i could put my my SSD in, but it forces me to put a HDD or Disk drive, is there any way around this?

Also where can you get the drivers for the finger print and webcam as i will be installing the operating system myself

sorry to be a pain in the bum

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
If you'd like to have a second hard drive you will need to purchase a HDD caddy with your order, they're £15. Why not send the SSD to us and we'll install it for you when we produce your order?

Pease give us a quick call on 0844 499 4000 to have the optical drive removed manually. The drivers are provided on a CD and there is also a copy of them available to download in the "Download Drivers" section when you login to your account.