15.6" Vortex RAM Problems?

Pelhamds

Hi I brought my Laptop about 6 months ago (reallly like it )

But I have noticed that it seems to use alot of memory even though I have 16GB in it....I think that it is only useing one of the 8GB cards inside as for example I would be using Skype, Have steam open (no game playing) and have chrome open on 4 loaded videos....I open Task Manager and it is using around 45-48% of Memory with 5-10% CPU....That seems odd.

If it is the case that one of my RAM Cards isn't either working or the system doesn't recognise it is there anyway of finding out if that is so?

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
open up the system tab by going, control panel >system and security > system. That will tell you how much RAM windows sees.

I doubt you have a problem though, windows often uses RAM for no apparent reason. Can't remember what the name for it is but basically it can be freed up at a moments notice if it is needed for something more important.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
As long as you're not seeing any slowdowns I wouldn't worry.

Chrome is generally a big RAM user (especially with video on the pages) - which is a good thing unless you're running out of RAM, which you're not. There is no relationship between CPU% and RAM%, it's quite normal for data and programs to be in RAM but not being used by the CPU at the moment - that's a good thing too, it means when you do want to use that data or program it's already in RAM. Right now for example I'm using 16% of my RAM and barely 1% of my CPU.

Do the memory check that mantadog suggested and as long as you see your full 16GB and you're not having any performance issues, stop worrying. :)