1650 Super out of stock until Mid Dec. Gutted

skewball

Silver Level Poster
That's PCS out for me then for a xmas present for someone. Bit silly really running out of key components like this.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
That's PCS out for me then for a xmas present for someone. Bit silly really running out of key components like this.
Yep, just like it’s a bit silly having a global pandemic, meaning more people than ever are working from home and need new computers or are simply having more free time due to being locked down and wanting to entertain themselves. They really should’ve planned for that, shouldn’t they?

skewball

Silver Level Poster
Yep, just like it’s a bit silly having a global pandemic, meaning more people than ever are working from home and need new computers or are simply having more free time due to being locked down and wanting to entertain themselves. They really should’ve planned for that, shouldn’t they?
yes, its November, they should indeed have planned for it over the last few months.

I'm just very miffed that I am just too late.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
yes, its November, they should indeed have planned for it over the last few months.

I'm just very miffed that I am just too late.
And the people making the graphics cards and other components in factories around the world who have to comply to new social distancing measures which slow down production on a global scale? There's no planning for that. Just reacting with a new and safe method of working.

skewball

Silver Level Poster
I do realise all that but I suspect PCS could have secured more in the run up to Black Friday/Christmas. It is their own decisions on how much stock to carry that will have led to this. Anyway, I'm just frustrated as I am helping a friend of mine for his sons xmas present. I will see if I can get it somewhere else and still buy the computer from PCS which is still my preference. Oh hum.

Smoggyuk

Bronze Level Poster
Staff member
I do realise all that but I suspect PCS could have secured more in the run up to Black Friday/Christmas. It is their own decisions on how much stock to carry that will have led to this. Anyway, I'm just frustrated as I am helping a friend of mine for his sons xmas present. I will see if I can get it somewhere else and still buy the computer from PCS which is still my preference. Oh hum.

I understand the frustration and for complete transparency please see our order dates below.

07-10-2020 - order date
08-10-2020 - ETA update
08-10-2020 - expected ETA

The system has not updated since on the stock side of things, so this means a supply bottleneck exists, we prepared a large order 2/3 months in advance but due to the current situation this order has been shelved.

We are dealing with supply issues at a manufacture level, not just at a supply chain level unfortunately.

Sorry for the inconvenience and I hope you are able to find what you are looking for.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I understand the frustration and for complete transparency please see our order dates below.

07-10-2020 - order date
08-10-2020 - ETA update

The system has not updated since on the stock side of things, so this means a supply bottleneck exists, we prepared a large order 2/3 months in advance but due to the current situation this order has been shelved.

We are dealing with supply issues at a manufacture level, not just at a supply chain level unfortunately.

Sorry for the inconvenience and I hope you are able to find what you are looking for.
Thank you for an update to clarify things, @Ghosthud (y)

skewball

Silver Level Poster

07-10-2020 - order date
08-10-2020 - ETA update

cheers. Unfortunate, I hope it doesn't effect too many other components

Gavras

Master Poster
Said it before.

there has been a major component shortage at a global level since 2016.

in 2018 MLCC just appeared to fall of face of the earth.

in my previous company we went from an 8 week lead time for industrial PSU’s to 22 weeks.

Our screens went from 10 weeks to 18 weeks.

Try telling that to a customer who has a contract with you to deliver in 14 weeks, when 50% of your major tech will not even be in country.

oh and those lead times are Air freight (bloody expensive) and not Sea freight.

there is still a critical MLCC shortage.

car industry is using huge amounts of them, check link out below for Tesla.

This year you have global lockdowns, huge numbers of people working from home, increased PC. buying.

You have apple releasing new IPads, IPhones,

You have Sony and Microsoft releasing new consoles.

When the big manufacturers buy up for say Sony, it’s like a Whale catching fish, they swallow everything.

Its manufacturing but not just for products such as PSU’s and Graphics cards, but also those that manufacturer components.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Well said that man