17.3 Matte screens update?

Stube

Anyone have an update on the 17.3" matte screens for the vortex II?

2 days ago i was told....

Unfortunately our supplier of matte screens has let us down and stock has been severely delayed. We will be contacting all affected customers shortly, but if the stock does not become available soon we may have to change orders to the glossy version of offer a full refund.

Sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

still no cantact from PCS but only on the 6th working day and currently in Pre-Production.

Thanks in advance

sakumatu

Bronze Level Poster
Any idea when 17.3" matte screens will be available again? And which model can we expect?

Thanks in advance

Stube

Im still waiting for my laptop with matte screen. Currently 9th working day ( 13th day, inc weekends ) still pre-production :(

Stube

ammended order to glossy.... not a happy bunny as i do think i should not of been offered this option in the first place...

Does anyone know of a good anti glare / amti reflection cover for 17.3" screens.. thanks

jonlofty

Is there any more information on the ETA of the 17.3" Matte Screens? I am hoping to have my laptop arrive before 11.11.11 for the release of Skyrim. Can anyone at PCS, or "people with insight" give me any indication if this is possible or if I am grasping at straws? Cause I'm in my second week of waiting now, and getting nervous as time draws near.

Cheers

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
We have a small batch of 17.3" screens coming in, just enough to cover what's been ordered and they should be in stock in the next few days all being well. We are desperately trying to source some more but stock is tight.

sakumatu

Bronze Level Poster
If i placed my order today what would be my chances to get Vortex II with matte screen (AUO 72%) and how soon?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
100% that you'll get one, but we're just experiencing delays on the matte screen stock at the moment so please bear that in mind.

jonlofty

Thanks for the quick reply, Thought as it was the weekend you guys might get some time off, but it appears your always there to help. Seems the excellent customer service from PCS I keep reading about continues. Hopefully I'll go into build in the next couple of days.

Thanks again

PokerFace

Banned
Thanks for the quick reply, Thought as it was the weekend you guys might get some time off, but it appears your always there to help. Seems the excellent customer service from PCS I keep reading about continues. Hopefully I'll go into build in the next couple of days.

Thanks again

They do get time off on the weekend (on Sunday's anyway). I believe he's answering your questions in his own time. But then again, it is pretty quiet in Huddersfield on a Sunday afternoon! :)

jonlofty

I know i'm probably nagging, but is there any further update on the Matte Screen Status?, been no change to my order status. Just wonering if they have arrived yet?

Apologies for harring you guys I know your probably busy, just really want my new laptop!

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
I know i'm probably nagging, but is there any further update on the Matte Screen Status?, been no change to my order status. Just wonering if they have arrived yet?

Your order is on its 8th working day and the screens are in stock. It will be completed in due course.

Mike_P

Is it the same for 15" Matte screens? The spare parts section says they're out of stock but this might not include preallocated screens for existing orders...

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Are matte screens in stock for new orders our just for old orders?

We had a delivery of 17.3" matte screens to cover orders that had already been placed. More are on order.

Is it the same for 15" Matte screens? The spare parts section says they're out of stock but this might not include preallocated screens for existing orders...

We have (just) run out of 15.6" matte screens. The are in stock, but allocated to orders already placed. BUT DON'T WORRY, we have hundreds more due in soon! :)