17.3" Optimus V, 2 problems

Dukey555

I just received my new laptop today, and have noticed 2 problems, the biggest one is that the DVD drive will not open, I have tried pressing the button on the side and pressing eject while selecting it in file explorer. The second problem is that the mSATA SSD drive is not showing up in file manager, I can see it when in disk management though it does not have a name, I am pretty sure it is it however, as it is 59.62 GB, and the SSD I ordered was a 64gb model. Any suggestions would be great, as I really do not want to have to send the laptop back

izzyy

High firstly the dvd drive may be loosly connected you could try removing the drive and reinerting it.

Its like 1 screw at bottom of laptop near middle cant miss it.

Secondly in Disk Management Right click your SSD and select new Simple Volume if not already done.
If already done, Mark it as active and Change Drive letter and Paths
This will make it show up.

3rdly it says 59.62gb even though its 64gb because Disk manufactures measure Kb as 10^3 vs the way computers measure Kb as 2^10. As you can see, 1000 <> 1024 so you have a discrepency. Also, the formatting has some overhead.

Thats why etc flash drives and actual hard drives never show the actual stated amount. That is your SSD it jsut needs marked as active and formatting etc