17.3 Optimus V Onkyo speakers

Lybster

Has anyone found a way to change these speakers? I'll probably end up buying a bluetooth external speaker but I'd prefer a reasonable quality one built in.

Just to save anyone suggesting it I have tried SoundBlaster Cinema and it does improve things a bit but not so that I'd want to actually listen to anything for long.

steaky360

assuming you're not concerned with losing the warranty (which may happen? No idea to be honest), you could look for a teardown of that laptop model (might need to look for the clevo model its based on) and find/replace the speakers.

I would suggest though that they still wouldn't be as good as a reasonable external set of speakers.

Lybster

Thanks for the comments.
I fully agree with you about any built in speakers probably being lower quality than built in ones, but they're not as easy to carry around :whistling:

I managed to find the full Clevo manual so I have some idea on how to get at them, but I'm not to sure what I can replace with. I think I'll start by investigating the Onkyo site.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I think there was a similar thread a few months ago, he couldn't get different speakers at the end. I doubt you can change it since it seems those are provided for the specific chassis you have.