17.3" Recoil III RTX vs 15.6" Vortex

raygun57

Great thread.

I would really like a 17.3" monitor vs the 15.6" as most gaming will be done on the couch rather than at a desk with an external monitor. I don't see any of the 17.3" monitors with G-SYNC.

Which would you opt for? The 17.3" Recoil III RTX or the 15.6" Vortex with the G-SYNC. Is it worth giving up the extra screen real estate to get the G-SYNC?

Thanks !

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Have moved this to a new topic to avoid any confusion with threads/ advice in the existing topic :)

Ultimately, that's a personal choice for you.

I'd go with 15.6" and gsync over 17.3", but you may feel differently.

Is the point of the laptop mostly for portable gaming within the home, rather than away on trips? If so, have you considered using a gaming desktop and remote-streaming the game to the couch (which you can do on any old cheap laptop) via Steam in home streaming, Moonlight, etc?

We've been using in home streaming for ages which was very good, and have recently switched to Moonlight which is crazy good.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Have moved this to a new topic to avoid any confusion with threads/ advice in the existing topic :)

Ultimately, that's a personal choice for you.

I'd go with 15.6" and gsync over 17.3", but you may feel differently.

Is the point of the laptop mostly for portable gaming within the home, rather than away on trips? If so, have you considered using a gaming desktop and remote-streaming the game to the couch (which you can do on any old cheap laptop) via Steam in home streaming, Moonlight, etc?

We've been using in home streaming for ages which was very good, and have recently switched to Moonlight which is crazy good.
Must admit, I’ve only recently got into home streaming through steam because I just assumed it would be poor quality but it’s actually very very good playing fast action FPS shooters.