17.3" Skyfire Dock

Skyco

Hello,

I have just recently purchased the 17.3" Skyfire and i was wondering what sort of Docking features were available?

Is there any someone could recommend please?

Thanks

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
When you say "docking features" are you referring to an external dock?

w0136019_newpage.jpg

Most Kensington products are suitable as docks, for example this product at Ebuyer: http://www.ebuyer.com/136019-sd100-...33419eu?utm_source=google&utm_medium=products

Skyco

Hi PCS,

Yes an external dock, in which i can have my mouse, keyboard and monitor connected through the Laptop.

Diem

Bronze Level Poster
How does the laptop connect to it, is it via a USB connection, or is there a fuller connection (I've had a Dell and Lenovo laptop for work and they connected to the respective docks using the interface under the chassis). Also, does the monitor signal work OK down 'just' a USB connection? I don't know why, but I'd assumed that it wouldn't cope for some reason.

Finally, are all the PCS laptops compatible with these gizmos?

Sorry for the silly questions, my only experience is with the set-ups I mentioned.

Edit: Ah, perhaps this is the difference between a "docking station" and a "port replicator"??

Last edited:

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
I think the model I mentioned above does not have display, just 5 x Hi-Speed USB - 4 PIN USB Type A ¦ 1 x microphone - input - mini-phone mono 3.5 mm ¦ 1 x headphones - output - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm ¦ 1 x network - Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX - RJ-45 ¦ 1 x Hi-Speed USB - 4 PIN USB Type B.

It connects via USB and is compatible with all our laptops.