17.3" Vortex IV Elite Special Offer - What's the offer?!

Jay84

Hi, there is a Special Offer badge on the 17.3" Vortex IV Elite Laptop.

I'm just confused that there is no mention of what the offer is. Can anybody point me at the details or confirm what the pre-offer price might have been?

Thanks

Jay84

OK thanks, I will speak to the sales team asap to see if there is some upcoming discount pending (maybe for cyber Monday?!) or if indeed they really are just giving away a free discount logo with each purchase.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
OK thanks, I will speak to the sales team asap to see if there is some upcoming discount pending (maybe for cyber Monday?!) or if indeed they really are just giving away a free discount logo with each purchase.

Urm, actually the price before was around £1700... That's an sli chassis, that offer is almost half price, it's an absolute steal, you're basically getting a free graphics card!

smokey

well the configuration I'm buying was £2312, the first day with the special offer it dropped to £2297 and now its £2307, so basically £5 off.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
well I am talking about the 17.3" Vortex IV Elite, its the only one on the configure a laptop page with a little red special offer sign on it.

You must have seen it reduced but without the red sign. That's the most expensive chassis they do which normally starts at 1700 for the basic configuration.

smokey

You must have seen it reduced but without the red sign.

its been around that price for months now so I doubt it.

That's the most expensive chassis they do which normally starts at 1700 for the basic configuration.

when I started a thread for some feedback on the configuration I wanted a while ago it totalled out at around £2200, the only difference between then and now is the GPU (was 2XR9 M290x, now 2XGTX970m) witch is why its slightly more expensive now and I'm sorry but it was never £1700.

ELL4EVER

Bronze Level Poster
I had a configuration saved on the vortex IV elite se and it was just over 2k, now the config came out as being just under 2k so there either isn't a massive difference or something is going wrong somewhere. Also I've never seen the elite se at 1.7k (I've made plenty of builds over the last year with this chassis) so anyway the offer isn't amazing especially as the chassis has been around for quite a while.

ELL4EVER

Bronze Level Poster
Last time I made a configuration I think the base price was £1,304 or somewhere around that price, the discontinued omega 2 was around £1.7k

Jay84

Hi, I just thought I would update with the response from a sales advisor:

"My manager says, although we don't know the exact price drop of the special offer, as it has already been made on the system so we don't have the old price to compare to, it has been dropped by £100+ so it's a mega bargain".