17.3" Vortex IV SE First Impressions

So, my new baby arrived in fine style on Saturday, and I've been putting her through her paces ever since. My spec choice would probably look slightly odd at first glance, but I pick components based on what I need to develop/test with, rather than what'll 'get the job done' in gaming terms. The important bits are:

i7-4910MQ
SLi GTX 880Ms
16GB RAM
2 x 240GB mSATA SSDs in Raid 0
1 x 1TB storage HDD
Killer 1202 + BT4.0
Win 8.1

I have to say that so far I'm very, very impressed. She's the third laptop I've bought from PCS, and by far the most powerful portable platform I've had to date. Over 9150 in Firestrike, consistently high framerate in both CPU and GPU-bounded titles, VS2013 runs like a dream, and deploying CUDA and OCL kernels on her is actually faster than using my dev box at work. She feels very solidly built, the thick screen hinges providing more peace of mind than you'd think when opening and closing the lid. The screen itself is the matte variant, and it looks fantastic - vibrant, excellent contrast, absolute pleasure to game and code on. The keyboard is serviceable, and well positioned for long sessions if you take advantage of an angled cooling tray. I originally thought I'd dislike the touchpad/speaker bar illumination, but it's grown on me a lot as I've played around with her.

Overall, if she keeps going the way she's begun, she's looking to be the best computing purchase I've ever made (with my own money, at least). Thanks, PCS!

Cooling seems fine so far, but I do have her on an angled, Zalman cooling tray to begin with - makes the keyboard easier for me to use for long stints. She does kick out a lot of heat from the rear, but that's to be expected. And even at 99% throughput the CPU isn't getting much above 80, with 0% throttling. GPUs are a similar story - well within max temperature under load with no throttling.