17.3" VYPER led light bar faulty :(

GeorgeCA

Bronze Level Poster
How lose was the touchpad? Mine is slightly at the bottom but considered that normal

When i was pressing "left" click the touch pad was not bouncing back up - it had a really slow comeback. Now is perfect - sits correctly and works very good and smooth... but i must say i dont use it (the touch pad nor the keyboard) i have a external monitor with keyboard and mouse... The laptop is performing very good... until now no crashes or issues.. apart from the ones i resolved with a RMA which took like 4-5 days with delivery included ..

I had a GS66 and GS75 but returned both ... the quality of the build on Vyper is way above MSI (which is more plastic while Vyper is full magnesium chassis and not that attention seeking design) the thermals are identical if not the same. The only good thing at MSI was the keyboard, camera position ... and maybe the sound (i am not so sure about this one). But a keyboard does not worth £400-£600 more... especially if i am not using it ..

Last edited:

GeorgeCA

Bronze Level Poster
Hi guys!
sorry been busy back at work lol havent been on, seems i am not the only one having issues lol.

i sent mine back for RMA yesterday. i do have to say i am slightly regretting my decision to use PCS after reading this thread.
should have just spent the extra and got a pre built.

What issues are you experiencing ?

i really dont have any issues with mine... i even checked the power brick because others said is loose or not fitting well... but mine is perfect..

I use it on office mode even when gaming.. the cooler is quite low and the max temp i got was 92 with a average of 83 but that was my fault because i had dota2 open while playing COD Worzone on ultra - the GPU was at 67.
Now as i am writting, i am playing Dota2, listen to music on youtube + other apps running and the temp is 78 max.. and is on office mode.

Iam not that expert on this stuff and maybe i dont know where to look or what to test .. but i really cant find a fault.

P.S. The support i got from PCS was very good - sometimes incorrect/innacurate which is understandable in some situations as this one where the product is literally new but always i got something back and i could speak with them. In my oppinion they rival with Dell in support and in some instances are even better then Dell.

Last edited: