17" AMD Laptop

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
All we know currently is that it’s been confirmed that Clevo do have some AMD 4000 laptops ready, but I can’t give any estimates on when PCS may be stocking them or if they will at all (although I can’t see why they wouldn’t).

It’s only a few manufacturers that have announced new 4000 series laptops, I don’t think any have been officially released yet in the UK?

I would hope within a month we’d see some systems in UK. I’m very optimistic that manufacturers will heavily adopt the new Ryzen chips considering how good they are.

Stephen M

Author Level
Did a very quick search to see what was about for AMD 4000 laptops but the first thing I noted was a bit about them from The Verge and having watched their "brilliant" how to build a laptop video decided not to bother.

I would be surprised if manufacturers do not start producing them soon, it is simple economics - people will buy them and not always when they really need to. There is no way I would replace my current i8700k Octane with another Intel and I do not need to as it has a good few years in it but if I have the spare cash then an AMD desktop replacement would be very tempting.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Did a very quick search to see what was about for AMD 4000 laptops but the first thing I noted was a bit about them from The Verge and having watched their "brilliant" how to build a laptop video decided not to bother.

I would be surprised if manufacturers do not start producing them soon, it is simple economics - people will buy them and not always when they really need to. There is no way I would replace my current i8700k Octane with another Intel and I do not need to as it has a good few years in it but if I have the spare cash then an AMD desktop replacement would be very tempting.

This is exactly where I am. I have absolutely zero need, whatsoever, to purchase a new laptop (6700k & GTX1080) but considering the 3800X with a 2070 really has my mouth watering.

The resale value on the laptops is horrendous though so I am battling with my heart.

D

Deleted member 94250

This is exactly where I am. I have absolutely zero need, whatsoever, to purchase a new laptop (6700k & GTX1080) but considering the 3800X with a 2070 really has my mouth watering.

The resale value on the laptops is horrendous though so I am battling with my heart.
aren't we all?
I have an i7-9750h and 2060 from here, and the 3900x+1660ti in the Nova series has me tearing my hair out in frustration: my needs favour more cores to a great degree and the 1660ti would still give me decent fps in the rare occasion that i game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rocket

I am in a similar situation. My Old PCS laptop is nearing the end of it's life, which is a shame as I have been very pleased with it.
Still running WIN 7.

I am looking at upgrading to a 17.3" Laptop but have noticed the posts about the AMD and would love to get a 17.3" with the AMD 4000.
Ideally a Viper with the AMD.

Any news when PCS is likely to have them would be appreciated.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I am in a similar situation. My Old PCS laptop is nearing the end of it's life, which is a shame as I have been very pleased with it.
Still running WIN 7.

I am looking at upgrading to a 17.3" Laptop but have noticed the posts about the AMD and would love to get a 17.3" with the AMD 4000.

Nothing’s changed as yet, we’ll add to the post if we hear anything.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Still running WIN 7.

In the meantime, upgrade to windows 10, then you can transfer the license to your new build and save over £100 on the license.

Rocket

In the meantime, upgrade to windows 10, then you can transfer the license to your new build and save over £100 on the license.
Thanks Spider but I am still running WIN 7 and I understand that it isn't that easy to now upgrade to WIN 10 ?

How easy is it , or should I just wait.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks Spider but I am still running WIN 7 and I understand that it isn't that easy to now upgrade to WIN 10 ?

How easy is it , or should I just wait.

Windows 7 isn't secure, you need to get off it immediately or risk major issues.

It's very easy, just the case of downloading the upgrade file and running it.

Then you tie your windows to your microsoft account:

Rocket

Thanks Spider. I'll have to dig up my licence key from when PCS sent me the laptop.
It's been a few years now but still love my Laptop.