18'' Viper III Audio Sync

Kai121

Bronze Level Poster
Recently I have started watching Leverage Seasons 3 and 4 on my Viper III (Specs in sig). This is the Information for the Videos:

Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1280x720 23.98fps [Video]
Audio: Dolby AC3 8000Hz 6ch [Audio]

Now I notice that the first 3 episodes run fine, but after that the sound starts going ahead of the video playback and the audio/video starts skipping as the decoders start trying to re-align the sound and video (I use the k-lite codec pack btw).

What I am wondering is if this is either an SLI issue caused by the video constantly being streamed across 2 cards and one card slows down or a RAM issue, where the much larger HD videos are using up more RAM then they should and thus after a few playings causing it to clog so to speak?

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
This is usually down to the codec/software you are using, what program do you use for the video playback?

AndyL

I completely agree with JakAttack, it is very likely to be either a codec or software issue. Also, are these DVD's/Blu-rays you are watching or are they downloaded files? If they are downloaded files are you sure that they dont have problem themselves? i.e. have you tried them on another computer?

Kai121

Bronze Level Poster
As it turns out the issue seems to be with the K-lite Codec pack, for some reason the audio/video codecs no longer seem to function properly on my laptop as even after a fresh re-install (including 2 restarts between) I still get the audio gradually desyncing during play :S

Kai121

Bronze Level Poster
Okay I'm now getting this issue again just far more frequently, it isn't the actual video files as I have played other ones which worked fine beforehand and it cannot be the codecs as I have played files with and without them and with different types, it always leads to the audio/video desynching while playing. One thing I have noticed is that their appears to be a micro stutter while playing videos, yet disabling SLI doesn't fix it, its getting to the point where I'm considering a factory reset to see if it will resolve the issue :/