1FPS in all games, have to restart PC

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
When I play games, frames drop to 1FPS, and I have to restart the PC.

I have an overlay on (Geforce Experience) and nothing seems out of the ordinary on the CPU, RAM and GPU.

I've tried turning the Xbox Game Bar off, but now I get this

2.jpg

I have tried this video until 04:09.

And I have tried the reply second from bottom on this website as follows:

1.jpg

Scannow found the following files to be corrupt and repaired them:
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\BthA2dp.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\BthHfEnum.sys

Flashed BIOS and updated to current version. (Yes I know it voids PCS warranty).
Checked for updates again.

Not sure what to use to check for updates on other hardware, other than opening Device Manager up.

I'm on Windowss 11 version 23H2

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This was after a clean install, so begs the question, how did you source your drivers?

Can you post a screenshot of your optional updates page?

What AV are you using?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
How long does it take for the issue to present while gaming? Is it random? What sort of timeframes are we talking? How does it perform outwith the dips?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
It would be handy to have some troubleshooting data so please follow these instructions carefully. Take you time, and please ask if you don't understand anything...
  1. Enter the command eventvwr into the Run command box. The Event Viewer will open.
  2. Locate the Windows Logs folder in the left hand pane and expand it by clicking on the arrow (>) to the left of it.
  3. Right-click on the Application entry and select 'Save all events as...'. Choose a folder anywhere that suits you and a filename of 'Application' (an .evtx suffix will be added automatically).
  4. Right-click on the System entry and select 'Save all events as...'. Choose a folder anywhere that suits you and a filename of 'System' (an .evtx suffix will be added automatically).
  5. Zip the Application.evtx and System.evtx files together and upload the zip file to a cloud service of your choice (Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.) and post a link to it here. Be sure that we don't need to login to download the file (ie. make it public).

6. Next, use File Explorer to navigate to the folder C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports.
  7. Under there will be a number of sub-folders, look in each of these sub-folders for dump files (files with a .dmp extension).
  8. Upload all dump files you find in these sub-folders to a cloud service of your choice (you can zip them together if you prefer) with a link to them here. Be sure that we don't need to login to download the file (ie. make it public).

9. Finally, in the Run command box enter the command msinfo32 and click OK. The System Information display will open.
  10. Click File > Save, choose a folder of your choice and a filename of DaelpixPhotos (a .nfo suffix will be added automatically).
  11. Upload the file DaelpixPhotos.nfo to a cloud service of your choice with a link to it here. Be sure that we don't need to login to download the file (ie. make it public).

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
@ubuysa I was on American Truck Simulator for about 5 hours and it's dropped frames again.

I opened LiveKernelReports, even turned on the hidden folders option, but still didn't see any files.

Hope this works. I've never shared a file before

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Yep, that worked. Thanks.

One more thing before I comment - please enter the command perfmon /rel in the Run command box. The Reliability Monitor will open. Post a screenshot of the Reliability Monitor display.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Thanks for that.

I think you most likely have a hardware issue of some sort. I can see in the System log the random crashes, you can see them in the Reliability monitor too. There is nothing in the logs, or in the Reliability Monitor to account for these crashes. That there are no dumps in C:\Windows\LIveKernelReports indicates that Windows is not detecting recoverable failures, and I don't see any BSODs in the logs, so WIndows is not detecting problems. There isn't much to go on in the Application log either.

The most likely explanation for what we're seeing is some sort of hardware error. I don't think it's RAM, I'd expect to to a lot more application errors than there are, and I don't think it's CPU either because I'd expect to see some live kernel dumps in that case.

I would call PCS, point them at this thread and your uploaded data and ask their advice.

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
Looking in Armoury it says I don't have these installed:
AMD Chipset Driver
Intel Gigabit Ethernet Driver
Realtek Audio Driver

ASUS Core SDK has an update

Should I install and update them?

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Yes, but I saw no evidence of your issues being driver related. I would have expected BSODs and device errors in the System log. I saw neither.

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
I'm in contact with PCS.

Does DistributedCOM have anything do with with low fps?

I got low fps and restarted the computer at around these times.
COM.jpg