2.1 Speakers

I bought a set of T3130 Creative speakers, plugged them in and away I went.

I started to hear a slight buzz from the fight channel. It only seemed apparent on certain songs. I took it out of my soundcard port and put it straight into my iphone. The right channel was still buzzing.

So... is this just typical of cheap speakers, are they faulty or is it something to do with...I don't know- something else?

If it's any help the buzz seemed to mainly affect the mid range and it was only the right channel.

Thanks.

Gorman

Author Level
RMA them, i have a small pair of cheapo's and they do the same. I wish i had returned them years ago but i am just that lazy. Although i will only be £10 down when i do eventually take a hammer to them.

JSG10

Expert
With any cheap speakers this can be common. But the same can be said of expensive ones.
Have you got them near anything like your router or a home hub etc these can cause disturbances in the wiring as I doubt that they've got proper insulation.

Saying that though, Creative are normally very good and have some cracking speakers. I've got a set of 2.0 Gigawork T20s and they are possibly the best desktop speakers I've ever heard. :) Reasonably priced too at aroudn £60-80. Well worth looking into if I were you :)

Hopefully someone else will be able to help you more with you're buzzing. Would annoy the hell out of me.

It's only a little buzz- quite evident if watching a movie though. They're not near anything like a router etc. Is it worth getting 2.1's instead of 2.0 anyhow? I think I will RMA the speakers- now can anybody recommend a good sub £100 set?

JSG10

Expert
I had no room for a sub which is why I went for some good 2.0s. I'd take mine over any cheap 2.1s any day. They've got fantastic bass and low tones and a great range. Love them :) I find most subs too be too bassy for my room and just a waste of money really unless you're willing to go for a decent set and splash out some proper cash.