2 ssd's

Is it possible to reimburse a 2nd ssd? My primary one with my windows on is trimmed but after installing another i cant seem to figure out how to activate it

steaky360

Do you mean reimburse or install? Once you have it installed and plugged into your PC it should appear straight away, if it doesn't try going into storage manager and see if it appears there, it might need formatting.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Check in disk management to see if the drive is showing there,
To open disk management in windows 8,
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/a/disk-management-windows-8.htm
For windows 7,click "Start"/right click"computer"/Manage/under "Storage"select "Disk Management",
or click "start" and type diskmgmt.msc in search box.
It's possible you only need to assign a Drive letter,If no letter is assigned for the drive,
right click on the bar of the drive in the lower half of the screen,
select "change drive letter and paths"
click on the Add button in the next menu to select a drive letter.
Click ok to assign selected drive letter or choose your own letter from the drop down menu.
If the drive is showing as unallocated,
right click on the black bar of the "unallocated drive",
click on "new simple volume"then follow the wizard.(this will delete all data)
check in "computer" to confirm missing drive is showing.

If it's not showing in disk management, check the drive isn't disabled in bios settings,
If it's not showing in bios check the sata & power connections to the SSD & the sata port connection on the motherboard,one may have come loose.

Hi i have no idea where the word reimburse came from, damn auto correct. I was asking if it's possible to trim a 2nd ssd on my system, my os ssd has trim activated but my 2nd one says it's not activated on that drive according to trimcheck

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi i have no idea where the word reimburse came from, damn auto correct. I was asking if it's possible to trim a 2nd ssd on my system, my os ssd has trim activated but my 2nd one says it's not activated on that drive according to trimcheck

Windows should auto set the trim... might be worth asking windows if trim is enabled or not:

Launch the elevated command prompt by clicking on Start, typing cmd.exe in the Search box and pressing Ctrl+Shift+Enter

In the command prompt window, type "d:\ fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify" (where d:\ is the letter of your second drive)

DisableDeleteNotify = 0 means that TRIM is enabled and DisableDeleteNotify = 1 means that it’s disabled.