2 Years later and I'm back! Looking for advice for a gaming case.

Discharge

I Apologies in advance for not posting pics of my last PC, got caught up in some stuffs.

Anyway!

I need some advice on a gaming case, I need a quiet case with the best Airflow possible. I have 2x 7970s so as you could imagine I need a pretty damn good airflow. Money isn't a problem for the case.

Not very knowledgeable at all about cases, so here it goes.

I was thinking either any of these 3:

NZXT PHANTOM WHITE

AeroCool X-Predator Evil Black

COOLERMASTER COSMOS 2 (looks like it has the airflow of a wind-tunnel)

I'm just not sure how quiet any of these cases are. I need a whisper quiet one since my PC is in the living room. If not whisper quiet then as close as possible would be fine.

Thanks!

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I'd expect the Cosmos 2 to provide the best airflow, I am sure Steaky can give you more feedback on that case. The GPUs are likely to be the most noisy component and I don't think either of those cases have an advantage between each other in that aspect. A fan controller will help minimise the noise of the chassis fans.

sbreame

Bronze Level Poster
I have the Aerocool X-pred case and the inside of my pc is very cool with 4 fans. You can replace the big side fan and install 4 smaller ones which would of course increase the airflow and you can install an intake fan at the bottom.
Specs are in my sig, mobo is running at 28c, all 4 fans reporting at 22-24c, GPU idle at 29c @ 30% fan speed. Case is very quiet (I hear the cpu fan, only because I've got it at max speed at the moment)

Here's a warning though, it's been dubbed as a "Super Tower" due to it's size, which is somewhat good due to increased room for airflow.

steaky360

I wouldn't recommend the Cosmos II as a quiet case if I'm honest. With the stock fans in its quiet enough but its not got anywhere near its full 'airflow' potential and obviously as you increase the number of fans, you increase the noise generated accordingly.

It is an awesome case though, very roomy inside (making building in it easier) and the built in fan controller is pretty good (only drawbacks are the beep and there are only 3 speed settings). If you have any specific questions on the Cosmos II I'll be happy to answer them :).

I've got some pics of mine next to my computer desk (I appreciate the desk is small... but the case is massive!) just to give you a sense of size really.

sbreame

Bronze Level Poster
Coolermaster Cosmos II Dims: 344(W) x 704(H) x 664(D)mm

Aerocool X - Pred Evil Black Dims:234(W) x 600(H) x 555(D)

Mine is bigger :tt2:

okay-meme-jpg.3008

Discharge

Cheers for your input guys, I'm going to go with the AeroCool X-Predator.

I have all the specs sorted now, ready to order next week!