200mm Case Fan

BAD SANTA

I have been looking at replacing my 200mm case fans in my 600t and will probably go with coolermaster megaflow as they seem the best but what really fs me of is that they are all (supposedly) low speed high flow, well I don't really want low speed for low noise, I don't really care if it sounds like a airbus is in my front room because all I care about is that my CPU, GPU and mobo think there in Alaska during winter.
Where the heck is the 2000rpm 1000cfm fans?

Ps. Does anybody know if the megaflow is better than the antec big boy or if there is a better alternative.
Cheers.
Adam

Teaz

Godlike
I think that might be the best one? don't know much about good recommended 200mm fans. i was think of the nxzt 200mm fan but heard they aren't really recommended? which is here.

te cooler master is suppose to be inbetween high airflow an low noise. fine with my megaflows atm.

Edit: so the stock corsair fan in your case is 20 and not 40?

BAD SANTA

Yer :-(
But just been looking and the only ones that seem to fit without modding the actual case are xigmatek.
Should be better than the standard ones but still would have liked the megaflows.

Teaz

Godlike
doesnt the xigs have lower airflow than the coolermasters? or yet the stock ones you currently have:confused:

BAD SANTA

Yer less than the cm's but I'm pretty sure more than my corsairs, I can't seem to find the cfm on the corsairs.

Teaz

Godlike
Managed to get hold of the details of the 200mm fans in your case :)

Its:
RPM = 800
CFM Max = 76
dBA Max = 24

Has a higher rpm than my mega flow but a lower cfm

are the bigger fans not able to fit into your case? or will it obstruct something?

Last edited:

BAD SANTA

+rep for the info,

Yer there is a bracket that the fans sit in so the screws don't have to be to long, it's a good idea but restricts what fan you can put in.

Teaz

Godlike
I thought any 200mm fan would be able to fit into or replace the fans? im certain i've seen a few people over the time that has done this before :confused:

BAD SANTA

Yer but the 600t has a plastic clip on bracket that clips over the fan to hold it on which will only clip over a 200x20mm fan I will post a pic tomorrow to show you as it's quite hard to explain.

BAD SANTA

They are for the top fan but the intake at the front has this ridiculous plastic clip on thing.
This is the one I want to replace as the top fan can be removed and replaced with 2x 120mm vipers which is pretty cool, the mounting holes are already there I will post pics when I get round to doing it all.