Keithg

Enthusiast
At least George will no longer be directing it, and that is the only thing that has me interested about this.
Maybe get Joss Whedon on it, I think he would do a good job (but marvel probably have him tied up)

How nice would it be if the just did the first 3 movies again and cut out all of the Lucas nonsense, and then blueray the cinema release of the original trilogy.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Joss Whedon directed SW triliogy? Hell yeh!

If not then screw it, just get Nolan in, he's not doing anything at the mo! :D

Wolvo7

Bright Spark
Christopher Nolan ok but not on his own he's very good at filmmaking but his tendency to go for the "realistic" approach, esp with the Dark Knight trilogy, doesn't sit too well with me for a series like SW. His Batman movies are good but coming from a fan of the comics he tried to hard to make everything realistic, esp the villains, and that kinda made them less iconic imo, esp in TDKR.

lewadd

I'm suprised it only went for $4bn, the Star Wars franchise is worth even more than that in my opinion given it's legendary status. To be honest though I don't feel good about episode 7 given how bad I found the prequels to be in comparison to the original trilogy. If I was in charge of the franchise I would have made the first 3 films then just left it at that.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
The way I see it, Disney must know how much fans either hated or felt underwhelmed by Eps 1-3.

Therefore, after spending $4bn on the franchise, I am pretty sure they are going to want to make sure they get a return, and making a bad EP 7 will rather scupper that one. Not saying noone will go see it, but if it isnt good, they will be put off the following Episodes, and thus reduce any return.

As some people said in various news comment sections, its not even been stared and yet people are already complaining :)

Star Trek has carried on pretty much constantly since it started, either in film or tele and noone complains (JJ Abrams reboot was really good imo), so I think its high time SW fans (which are mostly the same people) get over themselves and just try and actually enjoy new stuff instead of pretending the original 3 SW films were works of art :)

kruppsy

Master
Now that Disney own Marvel and Star Wars Im waiting to see how long it is until they do an Avengers Assemble type film which includes Obi Wan et al as well. Hook as the baddie and Cinderella as Skywalker Jnr's love interest. Ironman forms an unlikely yet heartwarming partnership with Tarzan. I'd watch it.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I think Han and JacK Sparrow would be like kindred spirits...

Pirates of the Caribbean 5: The Kessel Run

kruppsy

Master
....Dumbo, now a grown elephant, is forced back to a circus on Tatooine in order to curry the favour of its ringmaster, a washed up and manic depressed Hulk, who he belives holds clues to the whereabouts of his second cousin. But, foiled by mice once again, Dumbo cruises the interstella outreaches looking for answers...and like minded large eared friends...and the force.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Now that Disney own Marvel and Star Wars Im waiting to see how long it is until they do an Avengers Assemble type film which includes Obi Wan et al as well. Hook as the baddie and Cinderella as Skywalker Jnr's love interest. Ironman forms an unlikely yet heartwarming partnership with Tarzan. I'd watch it.

'A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away'

So I doubt your idea will happen

Wolvo7

Bright Spark
Am I the only one who actually liked episodes 1-3? Yes the story was perhaps less engaging than 4-6 but the action was great and I really like the clone armies. Also people are complaining about Disney getting the franchise but it was the same thing when they bought Marvel and they haven't done a bad job with it (cf the Avengers). So I say Ep7? Bring it on.

ThomasM

Not gonna lie but im looking forward to it. Star Wars universe is massive in comparison to the films already produced so the new films could be about anything in said universe, as long as there are light sabers i will be happy with it :D

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Eps 1-3 got better as they went. Ep1 was kinda dire to be honest. Ep3 was "ANAKIN! YOU'RE. JUST. SO. EVIL."

I'm looking forward to it. I really hope they do a good job like they did with Tron.