2gb ati 5870 is gone

orose

I actually wanted this card and it doesn't appear on the configurator any more.Plus the case I was looking at has increased in price for no apparent reason. Such a shame, I am now going to research how to build my own pc system.

shades

Silver Level Poster
Good luck with doing that cheaper than you can get one from here. Especially once you factor in the cost of your own time building it.

Tom DWC

Which case are we talking about here? Unless you have plans for a multiple monitor configuration or just have to have a 2GB video card even though you don't actually need one for your screen resolution (like moi) then I wouldn't worry too much about getting that particular model. :)

Maestro

Yes the 2gb 5870 is no more and has been retired by AMD. Unless you wanted 6 screens then you will probably have to move onto the 6 series cards.

With regards to case prices the reason is simple. The cost of raw materials around the world is sky rocketing, In this case metals cost a lot more so manufacturers have raised there prices. When we run out of stock of a product and go and re-order, in some instances where the distributors have new stock they will have paid a higher price and have passed this on. Motherboards have also shot up in price in some instances by upto 15% due to the cost of base metals rising.

Unfortunately this is the way of the world.

Last edited: