2X1gbGtx560ti vs 1X1.25gbGtx570 need help!

Croazil

So yes I was hoping someone could help me figure out if getting 2 times 1gb gtx 560ti would perform better then a 1.25gb gtx 570

Croazil

560 sli will be better, check out http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-560-ti-sli-review/. Might be better with a single 570 and buying a second when it starts to struggle though as I believe the price difference between the 560 to and 570 isn't huge.
If you already have 1 560 ti however a second is the obvious choice, or just hang on til the new 6 series

OK now i'm interested can you also tell me if a 560ti and 570 sli would be a good option?

truegrace

Enthusiast
Do you really need SLI? The money you would be spending getting even 2 x 1gb 560ti's is only just under the price of a single gtx580 or AMD 7950, which would be far superior in terms of future proofing, and really in terms of games out today would max out pretty much anything.
In a years time when the SLI option would start to struggle you would need a brand spanking new card setup, where as with a single 580/7950 a second card to SLI/CF these would be the cheaper option.
What sort of use do you plan on doing with the PC?

Croazil

Do you really need SLI? The money you would be spending getting even 2 x 1gb 560ti's is only just under the price of a single gtx580 or AMD 7950, which would be far superior in terms of future proofing, and really in terms of games out today would max out pretty much anything.
In a years time when the SLI option would start to struggle you would need a brand spanking new card setup, where as with a single 580/7950 a second card to SLI/CF these would be the cheaper option.
What sort of use do you plan on doing with the PC?

Well I am aiming for a future proof gaming pc but now that i think about it ur first option of 570 card and getting another 1 in future sounds more of better option rather then getting two 560ti

truegrace

Enthusiast
That's what I have in my machine with the plan to buy a second 570 at some point.
With a bit of searching about I decided I couldn't warrent spending the cash on the top top end gpus for the increase they gave. Depending on your budget though and just how future proof you want the top end cards might be for you.
I would def buy a single powerful gpu over 2 in sli now though

Rakk

The Awesome
OK now i'm interested can you also tell me if a 560ti and 570 sli would be a good option?

No.
As far as I know, with AMD's you can Crossfire some cards with other specific non-identical ones that are similar (I saw a grid of it somewhere), but I'm not sure you can SLI two NVidia GPU's that are not the same model together - though I might be wrong.

Croazil

No.
As far as I know, with AMD's you can Crossfire some cards with other specific non-identical ones that are similar (I saw a grid of it somewhere), but I'm not sure you can SLI two NVidia GPU's that are not the same model together - though I might be wrong.

Thanks info much appreciated :)