2x2GB 670 or 1x4GB 670?

iBushay

Bronze Level Poster
buying a new pc and looking at gfx cards, eventually I want to multi monitor for gaming.

I'm not looking to do this right away and my plan was to wait a while and get a second 2gb 670 sli.

is this going to be much better than getting one 4gb 670? will i see that much of an improvement for multi monitors?

is it worth the extra £xxx pounds later on down the road or the extra £xx pounds now?

edit - or even forking out a little more now and getting a 4gb 680?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I'd personally go for the most powerful card you can afford. I'd be thinking a 4gb 680, gaming over three screens is going to push ya cards pretty hard. Dual 670's would be great, but I cant tell you what FPS you would be getting, as I dont know lol

But i'd certainly get the strongest card you can afford.

Also make sure the card/s are only dual slot.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
From looking at benchmarks between the GTX 680 4gb jetstream and GTX 680 2gb the 4gb version performs better but does not provide a significant improvement in fps (around 1fps). In battlefield 3 at 5760x1080 it seems that there is no significant difference between the GTX 670 4gb and the GTX 680 2gb.

Attachments

• battlefield surround.jpg
    battlefield surround.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 150
  • gtx 670 4gb and gtx 680 2gb.jpg
    gtx 670 4gb and gtx 680 2gb.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

iBushay

Bronze Level Poster
i'm worrying I might be looking too far into this, i'm pretty sure a single 670 is going to be handle everything I need it too just fine, i'm just looking for a reason to spend more money :$

if there was a solid reason for me to get the 680 over the 670, apart from the 5% performance increase, I would.