3 beeps on start up

Shaun4321

Hi guys had the pc for around a month every now and then there is 3 beeps on start up any one have any idea what it could be. I’ve checked the ram is all inserted correctly

Shaun4321

Case
COOLERMASTER MASTERCASE H500M GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Eight Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.7GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING WIFI (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 Ti - HDMI, DP
1st Storage Drive
1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive
500GB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 6900MB/R, 5000MB/W)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB INTEL® 670p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 3500MB/sR | 2500MB/sW)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H115i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network Card
NOT REQUIRED
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
BullGuard™ Internet Security - Free 90 Day License inc. Gamer Mode
Browser
Microsoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It's likely just a false positive from the motherboard.

Try powering on the monitor before turning on the PC, if the beeps go, it's a bug on Asus motherboards that incorrectly assumes a GPU fault at boot if it's not getting a signal from the monitor.

Then you may have the same problem I have. What monitor do you have? I take it after those beeps it still manages to turn on without you having to press the power button again? It just pops up with the Windows sign in screen? I have a Samsung Odyssey G7 and it takes a while to turn on when it detects a video signal from my gpu. Same thing happened with my old system. I got no Mobo beeps but I could never get the bios to boot because my monitor wouldn't start up in time. I find that If I keep fiddling around with the menu screen to keep my monitor from going into standby while I turn on my PC the beeps don't occur.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
When you say on, I mean not in sleep, so you have to press the power on button to wake it before powering on the pc.
As said, it's not an issue, it's a false reading from the motherboard not detecting a monitor signal at boot.

If you make sure the monitor is fully awake before boot it likely won't happen.

It's a bug on most Asus boards.

Last edited:

loso64

My pc does that here and there too. I dont think it is anything bad. Had my pc for half a year now, zero issues. More than likely false positive for gpu signal

When we turn on the PC the mobo is communicating with the CPU, GPU and RAM. The GPU is waiting for a repsonse from your monitor but since the G7 takes a few seconds to wake up and get to work the GPU just doesn't do anything. The Motherboard is confused and thinks "Hey whats the hold up?" and thinks something is up with the GPU hence the error code beeps for a GPU error. But by then the monitor has woken up from it's groggy sleep and is now talking to the GPU. GPU is like "Finally I can get to work" and everything carries on like normal. So yeah Spydertracks is right we are just getting a false positive. Nothing to worry about :)