3080 - AMD Build, any suggestions?

Hey, I’ve currently got the below on order sat at 103 days and I suddenly want to jump to the AMD ship. Any suggestions on a compatible AMD build?

Monitor is BenQ EL2870U 28 Inch UHD 4K 1 ms HDR Eye-Care LED Gaming Monitor, will be for all types of games but play a lot of FPS, also going to be getting a better 4k monitor once the PCS confirm it’s gone into building for games like cyberpunk etc.

The current build is roughly at £2200, if possible it would but good to stay roughly the same but would spend a max price of around £2500

Case
COOLERMASTER MASTERBOX MB530P ARGB GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i9 Eight Core Processor i9-9900K (3.6GHz) 16MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING: ATX, LGA1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP
1st Storage Drive
500GB Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (up to 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
1st Storage Drive
3TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB INTEL® 665p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 2000MB/sR | 1925MB/sW)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Lite 240 High Performance Liquid Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED Lighting
2x 50cm RGB LED Strip
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network Card
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB/Thunderbolt Options
2 PORT (2 x TYPE A) USB 3.0 PCI-E CARD + STANDARD USB PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
BullGuard™ Internet Security - Free 90 Day License inc. Gamer Mode
Browser
Microsoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hey, I’ve currently got the below on order sat at 103 days and I suddenly want to jump to the AMD ship. Any suggestions on a compatible AMD build?

Monitor is BenQ EL2870U 28 Inch UHD 4K 1 ms HDR Eye-Care LED Gaming Monitor, will be for all types of games but play a lot of FPS, also going to be getting a better 4k monitor once the PCS confirm it’s gone into building for games like cyberpunk etc.

The current build is roughly at £2200, if possible it would but good to stay roughly the same but would spend a max price of around £2500

Case
Processor (CPU)
Motherboard
Memory (RAM)
Graphics Card
1st Storage Drive
1st Storage Drive
1st M.2 SSD Drive
Power Supply
Power Cable
Processor Cooling
Thermal Paste
LED Lighting
2x 50cm RGB LED Strip
Sound Card
Network Card
Wireless Network Card
USB/Thunderbolt Options
Operating System
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
Anti-Virus
Browser
Warranty
You'd probably have to cancel and do the whole process again, going end of the waiting line. You have to contact PCS for it

Ash_

Master Poster
Change to 5800X with a TUF X570 board, 3200mhz ram at least, scrap the 870 evo and intel m.2 and get a 500gb m.2 (980 pro if possible) and a 1tb pcs m.2. If there is still budget... RMx850.

Damn green box has appeared...

Ash_

Master Poster
Oh and and the AX200 if you need wifi and bluetooth.

You will have to phone to change to AMD though.

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Change to 5800X with a TUF X570 board, 3200mhz ram at least, scrap the 870 evo and intel m.2 and get a 500gb m.2 (980 pro if possible) and a 1tb pcs m.2. If there is still budget... RMx850.

Damn green box has appeared...
Only that this time the green box wasn't cause of the good old Spyder 😂

Thanks all, defo won’t be changing if I have to go back to the start of the queue 😂

Any changes to the intel build if I stick with it? Assume similar to Ram changes and storage

Ash_

Master Poster
Same again regarding psu and storage.
But... definitely go Z490 and 10th gen, if it is only gaming... 10700 should be plenty. I’d also up the cooler to Corsair H115i and ram... i think Z490 and 10th gen only supports 2933mhz ram anyway, so stay at 3000.

Wuffles

Case
Processor (CPU)
Motherboard
Memory (RAM)
Graphics Card
1st Storage Drive
1st Storage Drive
1st M.2 SSD Drive
Power Supply
Power Cable
Processor Cooling
Thermal Paste
LED Lighting
2x 50cm RGB LED Strip
Sound Card
Network Card
Wireless Network Card
USB/Thunderbolt Options
Operating System
Windows Recovery Media
Office Software
Anti-Virus
Browser
Warranty
I went down the same road as you.
I went Intel because as a veteran I had always gone Intel (bit like the "I only drive Fords" syndrome)
So I wanted to bail at 60+ days and go AMD. but I was informed within a very pleasant email by PCS that it was a totally different build not a modification to a pre existing build and I would have to revert to Day 0
I am now nearing "Cake Day" and I am convinced that my system, in hindsight, will not be as good as it could have been for the £££.
But the thought of starting again would be too much, so I paid my money, I made my choice and I will enjoy my system when it eventually arrives

A salient lesson learnt

Same again regarding psu and storage.
But... definitely go Z490 and 10th gen, if it is only gaming... 10700 should be plenty. I’d also up the cooler to Corsair H115i and ram... i think Z490 and 10th gen only supports 2933mhz ram anyway, so stay at 3000.
I wanted to change the motherboard but I’ve only got 2 options H310 & Z390, assume it’s a stock issue but will give them a ring tomorrow. Thanks for the advice

I went down the same road as you.
I went Intel because as a veteran I had always gone Intel (bit like the "I only drive Fords" syndrome)
So I wanted to bail at 60+ days and go AMD. but I was informed within a very pleasant email by PCS that it was a totally different build not a modification to a pre existing build and I would have to revert to Day 0
I am now nearing "Cake Day" and I am convinced that my system, in hindsight, will not be as good as it could have been for the £££.
But the thought of starting again would be too much, so I paid my money, I made my choice and I will enjoy my system when it eventually arrives

A salient lesson learnt
Thanks that’s good to know. Shame but like you say will enjoy the system when it arrives

D

Deleted member 17413

Its complicated.
The change from Intel to AMD isnt something their system is set to do, basically they have to go in and manually create a amendment/invoice and just force a value on it (so teh difference in cost). From the (long) conversations I had with PCS managers when I did mine, its not something the regular staff can do, it needs authorisation/supervisor to do it.

If you go to them now, its a little bit luck of the draw, When I wanted to change mine I did it a day or so after placing the original order and did it all via email, it took a few weeks to get it all signed off and because of that wait I had my queue position held for me.
During this time there was an email going back and forth every couple of days, confirming new spec, price differences, sorting out the finance arrangement etc etc..

Someone wanted to do it recently, had paid outright, and the machine was actually near dispatch (was in testing) they still agreed to change, but wanted to charge for switching builds (which is fair enough really, they had built it already). They turned down the offer and I think cancelled/new order/back of queue.

So there seems to be a element of case by case with success on it...

If in preproduction still I think its at least worth asking to see what PCS says.

Do a full spec of what you want to change to (worth checking it over on forums for any advice) then save it as a quote and give PCS that reference for what you want to change to when you contact them.