justafolk

Case
COOLERMASTER MASTERBOX K500 ARGB GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-10700K (3.8GHz) 16MB Cache
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 AORUS ELITE AC (LGA1200, USB 3.2, CrossFireX, Wi-Fi) - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 (Pre-Order Only)
1st Storage Drive
1TB Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (up to 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
250GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 2300MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
PCS FrostFlow 100 V2 Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound Card
Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy™ FX OEM
Wireless/Wired Networking
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
BullGuard™ Internet Security - Free 90 Day License inc. Gamer Mode
Browser
Microsoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Home Installation
NONE
Delivery
TIMED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND - MON-FRI (BEFORE 2PM)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 8 to 10 working days

Additional questions: with the case I'm reading the following for fans:

Fans
Top - 2x 120mm
Front - 3x 120mm, 2x 140mm
Rear - 1x 120mm

Would that mean they're included, or that some need adding in the " extra fans " option?

As for the 3080 itself, it's saying " pre-order only " without specifying dates or anything. The build makes me proceed to the payment screen without specifying anything about delay or stock shortages ( which seems to be happening throughout other websites ). Could I get more details if to expect delay or not, based on my delivery times and options?

Many thanks.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
What monitor are you pairing the system with? I think you would need to contact PCS for any lead times on the 3080 for now.

In the meantime, if you have a look through the below it may change your thinking on a few things regarding your build...

If you want any advice or etc then ask away :)

justafolk

Current setup of mine is i7700k + 1070, on to a 1440p 144hz monitor, which is still shelling out decent fps on destiny 2, the RE remakes, and others. Upgrading system for now, potentially going to 4k monitor. Main questions would be regarding the fans if they're included or not, and the ambiguous " pre order only " without being stopped with warning delays and getting straight to payment screen, as a moderator, wouldn't you be privy of such infos, surely I can't be the only one sitting on the fence for a 3080 build order ?

Thanks for the fast reply :)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Current setup of mine is i7700k + 1070, on to a 1440p 144hz monitor, which is still shelling out decent fps on destiny 2, the RE remakes, and others. Upgrading system for now, potentially going to 4k monitor. Main questions would be regarding the fans if they're included or not, and the ambiguous " pre order only " without being stopped with warning delays and getting straight to payment screen, as a moderator, wouldn't you be privy of such infos, surely I can't be the only one sitting on the fence for a 3080 build order ?

Thanks for the fast reply :)

The 3080 isn't the card you want for that system it's extremely overpowered, you would want to be looking at the 3070..... and that's considering 4k also. I would definitely save the money and I would also save further by going for the latest AMD, which is to be announced at the beginning of October. Basically it's the wrong time to purchase a new system and I would definitely recommend holding off with what you have for at least another month for when the new tech comes in.

If you wanted to purchase a 4k 144hz monitor then that would be different though as that's 3080 territory, unfortunately it's £1k.

None of us actually work for PCS and we aren't privvy to any of the internal business workings unfortunately. We are purely here to look after the forum and make sure the rules are followed etc. Other than that we are just users and enthusiasts offering our time to help out others.