3080 gpu

carlos726811

Bright Spark
Howdy folks,

PC arrived yesterday (yay) - great stuff all round, much excitement etc. So first things first, here it is - the case is a beaut!

Y0sfRqr.jpg

Came in a rather large box, much bigger than the PC, but typically well packaged. Don't usually get this excited for packages to arrive but this was an exception :)

dRMTO1S.jpg

As you can see the PC was well protected, here's the welcome pack for anyone who comes to the forums wondering what we're going on about when we say that :) Basically all the spare cables, screws, mounts and what not from your build that comes with the various components you've bought.

QqGgCiz.jpg

I was maybe blind to it at first, or forgot to check, but I didn't notice until this morning that only one powercable was attached to the GPU. I did have it on my list of things to check too but sadly forgot!

k3OzJO3.jpg

I've threaded a second cable through now, what a pain that was! Its really REALLY tight in the cable tray on the back of the case!
Mine been wired like that. I have had mine over 10 days. Now my screen keeps going black for a few mins then back on. So will mine be wired up wrong aswell.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Mine been wired like that. I have had mine over 10 days. Now my screen keeps going black for a few mins then back on. So will mine be wired up wrong aswell.
If it’s got 1 PCIe cable splitting to both inputs of the gpu then yes, you’ll need to run the secondary PCIe cable from the PSU to the second input on the gpu.

That’s likely why you’re getting problems

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo

I would definitely look to fix it. It's unlikely I would think, but definitely plausible that the issue is linked. Is it during intensive gaming that the issue happens?

carlos726811

Bright Spark
Hey guys. I have had my pc for over 10 days now. Every so often my screen goes black for a few mins then comes back on.
I have been told that my GPU Could wired up wrong that could be causing the issue. I have no idea. Reason i am asking. I been to my gpu is connect 1 cable via 2x 8 pins. And it shouldnt be hooked that way. Could someone please take look at pics and see what you think thank you.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 174
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 174

carlos726811

Bright Spark
I would definitely look to fix it. It's unlikely I would think, but definitely plausible that the issue is linked. Is it during intensive gaming that the issue happens?
I noticed when i am playing games on ultra settings. Frames are at 100FPS. Should it be more. I am using 144hz 1080p monitor as waiting for new monitor to arrive. and i play destiny 2 and cod.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hey guys. I have had my pc for over 10 days now. Every so often my screen goes black for a few mins then comes back on.
I have been told that my GPU Could wired up wrong that could be causing the issue. I have no idea. Reason i am asking. I been to my gpu is connect 1 cable via 2x 8 pins. And it shouldnt be hooked that way. Could someone please take look at pics and see what you think thank you.
Yes, that's a single PCIe cable going to a splitter, that's bad, you want 2 individual PCIe going into the GPU.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
You're allowed to open the PC without affecting your warranty, but I would still log it with them anyway and point them to this thread as we've had a few of these and it needs to be corrected their side to prevent it ongoing.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I think there's something very off there. I would sort the cable out just to rule that out and see how you get on :)

mia.stoner

Bronze Level Poster
Great looking pc . Pretty sure I've got the same sort of thing on order..
The burning question tho...
What day did you order it ? 🤣

Godders

Did you order the 3080? If so its strange that I ordered mine 2 days before but is still in Pre-Production

carlos726811

Bright Spark
I got in touch with pcs they told me to wire another 1 up from my welcome pack. I found another cable with a splitter. The PCIE cable provided in the box is another one with 2 at the end and 1 for the PSU, but the side for the PSU has a "pin" missing, all other 7 "pins" have a bit of metal in them, but the 8th, is empty and has no wire running to it, is that normal?

gloom1st

Hi I'm also waiting for PC with new 3080 card and very worried by this thread concerning needing to wire up second power cable to 3080 card.

I am no good at this sort of stuff which is why I ordered a pre built PC from these guys, If it gets here and has the same issue then
may have to send it back. I'm sorry but been waiting since the 17th September for this computer.

If it is the case that they are not wiring up the computer correctly, how can I try and make sure that the same thing does not happen to mine.