3080 Sag Support Bracket

Jackoe

Bronze Level Poster
So I’ve finally received my 3080 build... yes!!

As the card is so chunky, it comes with an “anti-sag” support bracket.

This is a great idea and it looks clean. However, my problem is the fact that, on the case I have, the screws that hold the GPU in place are OUTSIDE of the case (this is where you are supposed to attach the support bracket also). As a result, I am unable to install the support bracket.

I am just wondering if anyone else has come across this problem, if the sagging of the 3080 is an issue, and how’s best to work around it?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So I’ve finally received my 3080 build... yes!!

As the card is so chunky, it comes with an “anti-sag” support bracket.

This is a great idea and it looks clean. However, my problem is the fact that, on the case I have, the screws that hold the GPU in place are OUTSIDE of the case (this is where you are supposed to attach the support bracket also). As a result, I am unable to install the support bracket.

I am just wondering if anyone else has come across this problem, if the sagging of the 3080 is an issue, and how’s best to work around it?
What case do you have?

Can you take a photo of the bracket, not sure I'm following what you mean.

Jackoe

Bronze Level Poster
Apologies, yes, I should have provided a bit more info. I understand this is a bit of a niche problem.

The best way I could describe the bracket is by watching this short YouTube video (this is the same as I have):

I have attached a photo of where the screws are that support the GPU on my case. As you can see, they are outside of the case, so I am unable to attach the bracket as the back of the case is preventing this.
(Excuse the cable management. I am waiting for a couple of extra cables to arrive before sorting it all out 😄)

Jackoe

Bronze Level Poster
It’s not allowing me to attach the photo as apparently it’s too large.

The case I have is: Thermaltake V200 2.0 tempered glass RGB edition gaming case

Jackoe

Bronze Level Poster
Thank you @SpyderTracks

Hopefully this attaches. It’s shows where the screws are that hold the GPU in place, which is also where the support bracket is suppose to be attached. This is outside of my case so not possible.

Attachments

• A7EF21EA-ECEE-4EB2-BC6A-784310D639B8.jpeg
    A7EF21EA-ECEE-4EB2-BC6A-784310D639B8.jpeg
    493.1 KB · Views: 268

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thank you @SpyderTracks

Hopefully this attaches. It’s shows where the screws are that hold the GPU in place, which is also where the support bracket is suppose to be attached. This is outside of my case so not possible.
So there's normally just a cover that kind of clamps the brackets in place. You just remove this, then it gets attached as normal as the above video.

So the grey coloured metal that covers the screws that are in is actually fully removable, should just slide over the screws and come out, that exposes the normal mount setup. There is a diagram in the manual but it's not great:

1615071517886.png

Jackoe

Bronze Level Poster
Oh, thank you. I did have a little play with it earlier (not in great detail) but was unable to see how this would work.

I will give it a go tomorrow and see how I get on.

Thank you again. I hope it does work as I would like to install it, as it is a very hefty card.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Oh, thank you. I did have a little play with it earlier (not in great detail) but was unable to see how this would work.

I will give it a go tomorrow and see how I get on.

Thank you again. I hope it does work as I would like to install it, as it is a very hefty card.
All cases are the same so it will definitely fit. It's a standard fitting.