3080ti wait times

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I thought PCS only put in Zotac and Palit cards or was that a one you got yourself? Any which way, glad you are happy with your purchase.
They normally use palit and zotac, but recently there have been gigabyte and even EVGA cards, it's pretty much whatever they can get at the moment.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Fingers crossed, I get a card from a reputable manufacturer. Sounds like a bit of a lottery at the moment.
There’ll be no issues if you get a Phoenix! I had a Gainward 2070 Super and it was brilliant.

They’re all reputable manufacturers, Nvidia wouldn’t continue to deal with those that weren’t. The bottom line is that all of these cards will perform very similarly, no matter the brand.

SiegeSloth

For those who ordered a similar build to mine around the same time as I have (24th July 21), I phoned today and they are optimistic that my order will go into the build and testing phases next week.

ricdav31

For those who ordered a similar build to mine around the same time as I have (24th July 21), I phoned today and they are optimistic that my order will go into the build and testing phases next week.
I ordered on the 16th of July and still in pre production, similar PC but with a 5600x. Will let you know when it goes into production.

AdaSum

As an update - I got an email Friday morning saying it was ready for dispatch, so upgraded to Saturday delivery. Here's some pics of it, and in action playing Metro Exodus on the G9

Attachments

• Pic3.jpg
    Pic3.jpg
    967 KB · Views: 215
  • Pic2.jpg
    Pic2.jpg
    978.1 KB · Views: 206
  • Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    943 KB · Views: 208

salg04086

Silver Level Poster
Lovely build. I have also just ordered a case stand with wheels. The stand will be better than putting the rig on a carpet!!! also very useful if/when you ned to move the pc for cleaning.

ricdav31

So my order was on 16th July and i went into building then testing 16th of August :D NOT LONG NOW!!!

Case
CORSAIR iCUE 5000X RGB MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Six Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.6GHz/35MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® STRIX B550-F GAMING (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
12GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 Ti - HDMI, DP
1st Storage Drive

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
So my built is in testing since Monday - wonder what is taking them so long.
If it's in testing more than a couple hours then issues have been found, so they have to rectify the issue. If it's a specific hardware part it can take a few days for them to get a replacement.

Just be glad they found the problem in testing and not when it got to your door I guess

SiegeSloth

Just to give, those who have an similar build to mine, an update. My order has now gone into the building phase. It took 20 working days to reach this point. @dtang_ie, you have probably noticed, on the build notification email, that they recommend checking in on your PCS account as they may add building notes as they progress. Apart from phoning PCS as has been suggested, this might also give you an insight as to what the hold up might have been.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

dtang_ie

Bronze Level Poster
I did call them and they said there's no issue and it went to awaiting dispatch end of yesterday. Waiting for it to be dispatched today (hopefully).