3080ti wait times

rouchie

Rising Star
Thats odd when I went in to change from 3080 to 3080TI it showed as an extra £341 (inc VAT)
1626177655501.png

1626177671190.png

Reactions: Edo

PadForce

Bronze Level Poster
Will depend on what you paid originally for your 3080 presumably.

The 3080ti is now only £169 extra to switch from the 3080? do you guys think this is worth it?

I judged the value to me based on game FPS benchmarks.. but I was most specifically interested in Cyberpunk with Ray Tracing ultrawide where the performance between the two cards is more pronounced.

I understand the performance differentiation varies between 3 - 15% depending on what you are doing.. so in pure price to performance gain considerations, the answer will typically be "No" (assuming £1k for 3080; 15%< 16.9%)

PadForce

Bronze Level Poster
Mainly single player campaigns - i do have a samsung g9 but the 3080 should be more than enough to power this.

Mainly games like cyberpunk, battlefield etc some online gaming. Love to see beautiful graphics

Might be worth it then, new BF presumably will be more demanding.

Edo

Bronze Level Poster
Mainly single player campaigns - i do have a samsung g9 but the 3080 should be more than enough to power this.

Mainly games like cyberpunk, battlefield etc some online gaming. Love to see beautiful graphics
Build times are significantly lower compared to a 3080 as its less popular padforce and rummbler’s builds went into building at 23 working days. 3080 is the better choice for price/performance but if you want to wait less you might want to consider it

SiAdams

Didn't disbelieve you mate, just odd that it differs

That probably explains it, so I must have got it at a reasonable price way back at the beginning of March
Ha i know, i had to check for myself mate as thought i had imagined it or maybe changed something else in my build by mistake.

SiAdams

Build times are significantly lower compared to a 3080 as its less popular padforce and rummbler’s builds went into building at 23 working days. 3080 is the better choice for price/performance but if you want to wait less you might want to consider it
This is what i am thinking. The price increase yesterday was £406 so it has dropped significantly.