3090 build

• Thread starter Deleted member 103489
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 103489

Hi just thought I would give my review of my first pcs order.

First things first though I would like to say big thanks to those who have helped me on my pc spec, especially @Scott
who has been great helping me with the right case and build that work best, honestly could not have done this without your help.

I have learned a lot on this forum and you are all very helpfull and friendly great community of mods and members.

Anyway, the process for pcs has been top service
All communication has been excellent from them..Calls for enquiring have been great and service overall have been very friendly giving how busy they have been of late
After amending my order to add the rtx 3090 the process went through within under 3 weeks

(note i have done more than several amendments without any issues with my order)

Although their was delay for this GPU I was not expecting the arrival to be this soon, and was expecting the end of October for this current card.
Giving that I have had no issues with further delays on hardware etc... I have also requested over the phone for braided psu cables and they did this no problem also without any problems.

On delivery
Everything arrived very secured and from looking at the build everything has been done at high standard, very happy with their cable management.

Anyway, here are the images below
Thanks again to pcs and to those on the forum that have helped especially Scott

(images are rubbish i am very sorry taken on iphone 11 pro, but once i get my samsung g9 again i will take better photos i am just to ashamed to show my current monitor haha)

Also being much faster computer, my download speeds have gone up another 40mb (not that it needs to go faster lol)
so speeds of around 970Mb down / 122mb up ... and this is for 910 service :-o
fast.com reports 1.2gb so blazing fast

specs review as shown below

COOLERMASTER MASTERCASE H500M GAMING CASE
>AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32 Core CPU (3.7GHz - 4.5GHz, 147MB CACHE)
>ASUS® ROG ZENITH II EXTREME ALPHA (DDR4, Wi-Fi 6, CrossFireX/SLI) - ARGB Ready!
>128GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (8 x 16GB)
>24GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090
>1st M.2 SSD Drive 2TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 4400MB/W)
>2nd M.2 SSD Drive 2TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 4400MB/W)
>3rd M.2 SSD Drive 2TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 4400MB/W)
>CORSAIR 1200W HX SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® PLATINUM, ULTRA QUIET
>CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML360 RGB TR4 High Performance Liquid Cooler
>50cm ARGB LED Strip
>ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
>W10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
>MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
>NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 243
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    421.8 KB · Views: 257
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 237
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    492.4 KB · Views: 251
Last edited by a moderator:

JimDav

Wow! Nice spec.
I decided to go away from a desktop. PCS don't do an AMD 3950 Laptop yet so gone for 3900 12 core.
Should wipe the floor with my old i7 overclocked desktop & i7 Laptop (2014 & 2015)
I was notified today that it's gone into build.
Wey Hey!
I'm 66years old and behaving like a youngster at Christmas.

I specced up an i9 system for a mate and a Ryzen system for my Brother in law this year and they are both delighted so these are the guys I wanted to buy from.
Soon be here. Now just need to work on my script for when my wife sees it.
"Oh this old thing"
"Had this a long time my sweet"
"Have you not noticed it before? Had it ages. In fact I probably need a new one"
That sort of thing.
And I expect you're just the same.

Jim;)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Hi just thought I would give my review of my first pcs order.

First things first though I would like to say big thanks to those who have helped me on my pc spec, especially @Scott
who has been great helping me with the right case and build that work best, honestly could not have done this without your help.

I have learned a lot on this forum and you are all very helpfull and friendly great community of mods and members.

Anyway, the process for pcs has been top service
All communication has been excellent from them..Calls for enquiring have been great and service overall have been very friendly giving how busy they have been of late
After amending my order to add the rtx 3090 the process went through within under 3 weeks

(note i have done more than several amendments without any issues with my order)

Although their was delay for this GPU I was not expecting the arrival to be this soon, and was expecting the end of October for this current card.
Giving that I have had no issues with further delays on hardware etc... I have also requested over the phone for braided psu cables and they did this no problem also without any problems.

On delivery
Everything arrived very secured and from looking at the build everything has been done at high standard, very happy with their cable management.

Anyway, here are the images below
Thanks again to pcs and to those on the forum that have helped especially Scott

(images are rubbish i am very sorry taken on iphone 11 pro, but once i get my samsung g9 again i will take better photos i am just to ashamed to show my current monitor haha)

Also being much faster computer, my download speeds have gone up another 40mb (not that it needs to go faster lol)
so speeds of around 970Mb down / 122mb up ... and this is for 910 service :-o
fast.com reports 1.2gb so blazing fast

specs review as shown below

COOLERMASTER MASTERCASE H500M GAMING CASE
>AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32 Core CPU (3.7GHz - 4.5GHz, 147MB CACHE)
>ASUS® ROG ZENITH II EXTREME ALPHA (DDR4, Wi-Fi 6, CrossFireX/SLI) - ARGB Ready!
>128GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (8 x 16GB)
>24GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090
>1st M.2 SSD Drive 2TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 4400MB/W)
>2nd M.2 SSD Drive 2TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 4400MB/W)
>3rd M.2 SSD Drive 2TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 4400MB/W)
>CORSAIR 1200W HX SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® PLATINUM, ULTRA QUIET
>CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML360 RGB TR4 High Performance Liquid Cooler
>50cm ARGB LED Strip
>ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
>W10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
>MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
>NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED

Oooft!!.... that is all!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Actually really interested to how it runs real world scenarios to your profession....... by comparison :D

Only thing I would have done different would be 4x32GB over 8x16 ;)

D

Deleted member 103489

Actually really interested to how it runs real world scenarios to your profession....... by comparison :D

You know i was wanting to have that option, did bring this to pcs attention about 32gb ram sticks... but they did confirm that they are working on this for nearer the end of this year and with 3800mhz option to :-o

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Have ordered the 500D SE case, but that case looks stunning. Might end up amending the case when I change the processor in a few weeks. 🤔

D

Deleted member 103489

i was doing render on one of my 3d scenes and it did this with 5000 samples in just under 2 minutes with rtx on

with my old computer x2 1080s this took me just over the 10 minute mark

Also done cinabench test cpu temperatures goes to the mid 60s which is very good.

D

Deleted member 103489

Have ordered the 500D SE case, but that case looks stunning. Might end up amending the case when I change the processor in a few weeks. 🤔
This was the case i wanted but pcs said that the cooler i chose and motherboard did not fit correctly, so had to chnage it to coolmaster which is still very nice case to :)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
i was doing render on one of my 3d scenes and it did this with 5000 samples in just under 2 minutes with rtx on

with my old computer x2 1080s this took me just over the 10 minute mark

Also done cinabench test cpu temperatures goes to the mid 60s which is very good.
Also it's safe to say the 3090 absolutely crushes my 3d scenes in minutes now.. complete game changer.
That is quite the upgrade then.

Time is money :D

D

Deleted member 103489

Also almost forgot,

PCS had installed windows on the computer, all i had to do was re-activate it through my microsoft account..

saved me time creating bootable usb.

D

Deleted member 103489

Personally, I would always still do it anyway. That way you know you're working with an untouched, and latest, version of Windows :)
Very good point.. may just do that tomorrow then.

Mo_Mo

Hi All,

I've ordered a 3090 build and wanted to know the rough build time. Not sure if all of you have received your pc and how long it took?

I don't mind waiting but would like to know roughly.

Thanks,

Mo

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Hi All,

I've ordered a 3090 build and wanted to know the rough build time. Not sure if all of you have received your pc and how long it took?

I don't mind waiting but would like to know roughly.

Thanks,

Mo
Best to start your own thread rather than doing a necro on someone else's review.