32" 1440p monitor with 120Hz+ refresh

DarTon

I tend to be able to source Dell monitors at quite nice prices, and feel safe buying them, so my base case is a Dell S3220DGF. It's 32" VA panel, 1440p with a gentle 1800R curve, 400 nits brightness, and refresh up to 165Hz. I can source it for just over £300 new. The other obvious one is the Samsung G7 32" at £550+. I'm not against that as a more interesting alternative. Both the Dell and G7 suffer from being VA when I prefer IPS.

I've looked at the ASUS ROG XG32VQR and TUF Gaming VG32VQR. They are VA aswell and I'm seeing what they offer being more expensive than the Dell (but with similar spec) and less impressive than the G7. The ROG Swift PG329Q is IPS but I've no idea how good it is and an £700 it needs to be good.

Any other ones I might have missed?

DarTon

Thanks. Those ultrawides look great but the problem is I want to maximize desktop real estate during the work day and a 34in UW is not ideal. It's not very high at 13.5" while two stacked is too high at 27". Also 3x34" in a single row is 94" in circumference - just too wide - while 2x 34 doesn't give enough area. Hence why I've sort of settled at 3x32. Dell has just launched a 40" 5k x 2k ultrawide (same height as 32"). Two of them would be good but they are only 60Hz.

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
Ah, new info now. So you want three regular width 1440p panels with ips. What's your budget for these? Couldn't you just get a single G9 for max screen estate? Not ips I suppose.

DarTon

The issue with the G9 is that a 49" 32:9 is it's really just 2x27" and I find 27in panels don't quite give enough height for big spreadsheets. I've tried different arrangements of monitors, starting with 6x24in, a 43"+ 2x24in in portrait, and settled eventually on 3x32" as the best (or least worse) combo for me in my home office.

I've got 2 x 4K IPS and 1 x 1440p VA (the S3220DGF). The plan is to give one of the 4K 32" to my children for homework, allowing me to buy another 32".

The S3220DGF is decent for gaming (hence why I could buy another one for £300) and don't find that I need 4k for my work. It's just that I notice the VA panel seems bland in colour terms vs. the IPS displays. I'm concerned that other VA panels, even the Samsung G7, will suffer from the same issue. I haven't actually been face to face with them given lockdown.

Budget isn't really an issue. I just don't want to spend £1k+ on a monitor and find it isn't any better than a £300 one. Seems the obvious thing to do is find a place where I can see them.