32 rams??

nbd2

Hey folks,
I've a Vortex II, and I noticed that now, there's a Vortex III. I'm currently maxed out at 16Gb of RAM, but, i think that's cos at the time, there was no 8Gb RAM for laptops. Now that there is, can I upgrade to 32Gb?
Cheers,
N

Rakk

The Awesome
Now that there is, can I upgrade to 32Gb?

I don't know whether you can or not (I don't know much about laptops) but do note, if you have Win7 Home Premium as your OS it can see a max of 16GB of RAM, so to get more than 16GB you would have to upgrade your OS to Win7 Professional at the least.

nbd2

Well, I do a lot of 3d work. I'm in my last year of studying architecture. The thing is, I've a good processor, a good graphics card, and plenty of ram already, but, at times, the 3d software still seems to lag a bit. Someone suggested that i just need to optimize my system for 3d work, but I wouldnt really know where to start with that. If more ram meant that I could be even a tiny bit faster in terms of productivity, I'm sold.

HonestFlames

Bronze Level Poster
You may find 32MB RAM being slower. The large capacity RAM modules usually incur extra access latency.

I'm fitting 2 x 4GB Corsair Vengeance modules to my laptop (when it arrives!). Latencies are 9-9-9-24 at 1600MHz, which is quite good.

The larger 8GB modules carry a latency of 10-10-10-27 at the same speed, though you can get a pair of 1333MHz modules with 9-9-9-24 latencies.

Which would be the most suitable for you is impossible to say.