3610qm or 3720qm?

Ken812

The chosen cpu will be going along side the 7970m and 8gb ram. Just wondering if its worth spending the extra for the 3720qm? Cheers lads

Vaneel

The chosen cpu will be going along side the 7970m and 8gb ram. Just wondering if its worth spending the extra for the 3720qm? Cheers lads

Mines in testing however have taken jump to 3720qm and just put through upgrade.

Having played ffxiv I prefer to meet the recommended specs of 2.6 (own preference). My understanding is the 3720qm can possibly be overlooked an extra 400mhz using xtu whereas the 3610qm can't, again not something I will find myself doing in the next few years atleast

Its not really necessary though as 3610qm is still awesome and won't bottleneck. I just thought price/performance on 3720 is good,

Plus they are prob in stock as 3610qm is hard to come by for pcs as most people order them. Seeing how I'm swapping mine at least there's another available for someone :)

Not much difference other than that

PLEASE NOTE!!,! I do not recommend overclocking with xtu as its an unknown in clevo and can destroy your gear

Last edited:

dangro474

Bright Spark
I upgraded from the 3610QM to the 3720QM purely to allow an earlier delivery time, however for gaming purposes the performance difference between the two is negligable.

Daymos

Bronze Level Poster
@dangro474

Im actually thinking of doing the same for the same reason.

I know you placed your order.. did you get your machine? if so how is it with your set up?