4 beeps on start up from sleep

Hi guys,

I’m new to pc gaming and I’ve just got my first pc for pcs a day ago and it seems to be working 100% (well from what I know) and when I shut it down fully and turn it on it gives a little beep which i would love to know what it means, however my main concern is that when it goes into sleep, and then I wake it up it beeps loud 4 times and then resets then boots up and gives a little beep.

Any response would be greatly appreciated, I am waiting to get in contact with pcs in the morning but I’m just too stressed out to wait😂. Thank you in advance

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Unfortunately not, thank you though!!
You could spend ages troubleshooting but it's generally best advised not to use sleep or hibernate on a PC and if you're shutting down, to properly shut down.

Sleep and hibernate are only really beneficial for mobile devices. It stems back to HDD boot drive days when it took minutes to boot, that's no longer a concern as it takes no time at all with modern SSD's.

The single beep on startup is the POST success code from the BIOS, that's a healthy sign that everything has completed POST successfully.

You could spend ages troubleshooting but it's generally best advised not to use sleep or hibernate on a PC and if you're shutting down, to properly shut down.

Sleep and hibernate are only really beneficial for mobile devices. It stems back to HDD boot drive days when it took minutes to boot, that's no longer a concern as it takes no time at all with modern SSD's.

The single beep on startup is the POST success code from the BIOS, that's a healthy sign that everything has completed POST successfully.
Awesome! Thank you so much. I shall avoid using sleep on it then and remember to shut it down when I’m not using it, thank you!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Awesome! Thank you so much. I shall avoid using sleep on it then and remember to shut it down when I’m not using it, thank you!
To disable hibernation just type this is a command prompt opened as administrator

Type powercfg.exe /hibernate off into the Command Prompt.

For sleep you can just set that in the standard windows power settings.