4K Monitor for After Effects and gaming

cyrjam

Hey guys can anyone recommend a good monitor for my new PCS Pc. I usually create motion graphic templates in A.E and I will also be doing a good bit of gaming. I have a RTX 2070 Super if that helps . I currently have an Acer R271 which has been okay but since I'm going 4K Id like at least a 32" inch monitor. My budget is around £800 but I could stretch it a little. Thanks for any recommendations.

I have done a lot of searching but I thought I'd ask possibly some one might recommend one that I maybe haven't come across...
Some features that i was looking for in the monitor;
  • Wide Color Gamut: atleast 95 - 100% in either SRGB or DCI-P3??
  • HDR
  • Freesync or G-Sync
  • Nothing higher than 5ms response time
  • IPS Panel
  • Id like to get a monitor that would take advantage of the features of my gpu

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I don't think the 2070 Super is going to be enough for a 4k monitor. You are looking at a 2080 Super minimum to be considered a 4k card. The 2080Ti often struggles to get reasonable FPS with some games.

Would 1440p not be an option? The 2070 is perfect for this resolution.

cyrjam

I don't think the 2070 Super is going to be enough for a 4k monitor. You are looking at a 2080 Super minimum to be considered a 4k card. The 2080Ti often struggles to get reasonable FPS with some games.

Would 1440p not be an option? The 2070 is perfect for this resolution.

I don't mind gaming in 1440p but I also want the 4k monitor to create 4k motion graphics and some work in Premiere. On my current monitor im having to zoom and scroll and all that stuff way too much (I'm guessing that would probably be the same case with a 1440p monitor right) plus in full screen ram preview in A.E I'd still not be able to view my 4K project at full resolution. Also since the monitor will most likely be 60hz wouldn't the 2070 super be okay in that scenario? Thanks.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
The difficulty is the scaling. 1440p doesn't scale well on a 4k panel.

Regarding the 60hz it depends entirely on the games and the settings but the 2070 Super is not what would be recommended for 4k.